Claymore arming time?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Okay, here we go..

INF_ClaymoreCustomTimer Muator release:
Current Version: 0.10 Beta

What this mutator does:
The arming/disarming time of the claymore can be set via ini-file.
Note that any float value is possible, but values of 0 or below (i.e. negative values) will result in instant arming/disarming and therefore not allow a pickup of a disarmed claymore.
Plus who wants instant activation anyway. Furthermore a missing ini-file will result in a standard 15s arming/disarming time.

I didn't really test it much so backup your most important files. Use on server is completely untested!

Original First Post:
Yesterday someone (think it was Road but I'm not sure) asked me on a server if it was possible to reduce the arming time of claymores.

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yes and I already made a small mutie that reads a custom activation time from an ini and assigns it to the claymore.

It's actually pretty trivial stuff, since the ActivationTime is a defaultproperty and hence can be easily accessed.

So if you're still interested I can upload it here.

Attachments

• ClaymoreCustomTimer_BetaRelease010.rar
    3.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Question is, what is realistic? I know nothing about that, but saw in movies how relatively quick they did it... you know, movies.

If faster arming time is realistic, I welcome it, would be more comfortable to set up clays in co-op too.

By the way Snakeye, didn't you say that M16M203 thing won't take till Christmas? :rolleyes: *cough*... nvmd. :D

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Uhm, the question was not to alter the arming time to a realistic value but if it's possible. Basically you can enter any float you want (don't know what happens if the time entered is negative though).

And if the M16M203 was set up like the INFMOD weapons it'd be a one-liner; sadly it isn't so I've been waiting for a bit of low-stress time at work to have more free time - since September. It's still somewhere in the back of my head though..

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
If it is just about the ability to do so, then why asking, just upload the mut for those who want, but by my logic things make only sense if they are actually used and beeing used in our case means it beeing used on one of the active servers and there I personally would prefer to see things changed for more realism. That's why my comment.

Or do you mean you can affect the arming time clientside? I thought you meant using any value is possible, but server side (means, set by admin).

As for the M16, no problem mate, it's all up to you, no stress. Of course, I would like to have that stuff today allready, but I can't deliver my camos today aswell, so I just wait till it's done, if it's done. ;)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
While it should be technically possible to make a client side ini read, I've yet to achieve such a thing and even if I did I'd never consider making a claymore timer client selectable - it's not like I don't trust people, but I don't trust people. So for now the setting would be server side - and this won't change from my side.

I didn't upload it right away because I wasn't sure someone actually wanted it, plus we already do have a load of mutators running on the servers, so I'm not sure adding one more that changes a rather small amount of the gameplay would make sense.

But if there is interest I'll upload it tomorrow (too lazy today..).

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
yeah it was me who requested it :D and i did it cuz to test if dtas gaming would be more fun cuz right now a claymore takes beween 25 - 40 sec to arm (15sec to arm then pull out the knife and get the wire then place the wire right!) is just too long if you ask me. Realistic or not I believe its not that much of an impact , its not like COD4 where you just place the damn clay in the ground and its magically armed in 0.5 sec.

Anyway im looking forward to this Mut alot thanks alot!

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
It would be usefull in offline play! (even more on coop...) so, now you have too peeps desiring your claymore muttie lol ;D

And just to clarify, the M16M203 mutie is designed to give the new nades (IMT´s and HD own new grenades) to the ol´M16A2 without relying on the conflicting old 40mm mutator?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Corporal_Lib [BR];2243905 said:
And just to clarify, the M16M203 mutie is designed to give the new nades (IMT´s and HD own new grenades) to the ol´M16A2 without relying on the conflicting old 40mm mutator?

Uhm, actually it should fix the rather off 3rd person mesh of the M16M203 - Psy made a thread on this topic in the COOP forum. I'm not really considering updating the M16 with new/other nade types - at least not until the RO979 does it properly (there were HUD problems on XploD server using the 1.00/1.01 Version).

BTW: who or what is HD? I'm right now having my first coffee so my brain might not function properly enough to get it..

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Uploaded Beta 0.10. If things go the way they went at work today I wouldn't wonder if that thing actually formats your HDDs, installs Windows ME then CounterStrike Source and eternally autoconnects you to the worst CSS server imaginable. Then again it might not :D

Seemed to work offline pretty much as wanted, but as usual please share any bugs you find (and EGM: Backup your Inf before installing!!!)