Disappearing faces! Help me!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wolf-Hearted

Apr 8, 2006
Helo. English is not my primary language, so please bear with me;)
So:

My problem is, when i make some shape in 2d editor, and I'll add it, this shape have some faces invisible. in Addition, some faces in the map are disappearing too! And I noticed that, there are not only near faces, there can be any face on the map. However, the fun thing is too, that sometimes part ov face is invisible- that's odd because face is undivided, but in spite ov that, some part of it is down. This looks like face is bitten by big jaw:D To show you my problems, here are 2 links, "przed.bmp" is before addin' element, "po.bmp" is after. Please tell he how to solve this problem.

Before
After

In addition: UED3.0 Reinstall returns nothing. Problem is still here.
Some weeks ago, I replace my PC with other, completly diffrent. I see problems still.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Strange... but UEd/engine is not quite perfect. Try the same thing with simplier brushes (I can see three boxes with edited vertices in this case). Maybe that will not cause any damage. It is not so difficult to run into HOM effect. If you did not read Hourences' brush tutorial, try it - it can bring some light to the thing:
http://phalanx.planetunreal.gamespy.com/tut's/tutorial_bsp.htm

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
Did you rebuild your geometry after that occurred? Occasionally (in UEd 2) I've seen that happen when I added a brush, but the problem went away after a rebuild.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
This happened to me before with almost exactly the same shape. I suggest you build it out of 2 or 3 seperate brushes instead :)

You could try this too, I don't know how well it will work. At the moment the bsp cuts in the brush are like this:
bsp1.gif
But I think it might work better if they were like this:
bspcuts.gif
In the 2d shape editor you need to start with a rectangle and extend the two diagonal sides both ways instead of from one side... if that makes sense. Strange but it seems to make a difference.

Wolf-Hearted

Apr 8, 2006
Yay, thankies a lot. Im still learning, how to overtake this problem, and how to predict, when holes are goin' to appear. Apparently some shapes are screwed, but still there are other ways to establush proper shape from "tools", you're right. Thankies a lot.