DavidM...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Saw a thread saying that DavidM was a d**k or something. I've never had any problems with the guy. I've only written him a couple times for info on how he did something, and he's always responded with an answer, albeit a short one. You guys that are complaining that he says your maps suck without providing good feedback is silly. Just stop asking him to test your maps. He's probably busy with his own stuff. Not to mention, he may be being honest, unlike a lot of people. Also, remember the guy has contributed a LOT to the mapping community. Not only has he given us some kickass maps to play, but he has also shown a lot of people how to do great architecture and layout.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
If this is in ref to Machismo's Archiitecture thread:
I think you misunderstood my post.
If this has nothing to do with that...
There was a DavidM bashing thread that I missed? That's always fun reading..typically due to the childish nature of 90% of em:D

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
DavidM
You've probably played at least two of his maps. Granted they are great looking maps, they aren't very creative. There are a few that stand out but most of his work comprises of your average dm map.

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Hes is supposed to be a good mapper, I have seen his maps and I dont see much to recommend him but he definately is better than me. I think he is hyped up too much and he is arrogant but thats his choice.

If he even takes the time to answer mapping question from a complete stranger then he gets my respect anyway.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
weather you like the guy or not I highly recommend the gameplay(DM) and lighting tutes at his sites. Atleast for a noobie mapper like me, it's time well spent.
As for his maps, DM oiga, DM Seed and one other that I've played. They were good maps tho to be honest I think DM-Axon(chris's MAp) was about the same level imo so conclude what you will;)

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
The dick comment dates WAY back in the days of yore, when he and @kuma decided to have fun with an 'ego contest'.

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
Originally posted by DRT-Maverick
The dick comment dates WAY back in the days of yore, when he and @kuma decided to have fun with an 'ego contest'.

hmmm... i've heard a lot about this but never gotten any real info. i wonder if the posts are still hanging around on NC or was it waaaaaay back :hmm:

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Do a search in the Single Player forum at Nali City and you'll find a thread started by Hellscrag that is of interest. It was started in late July or early August. If you have the right one, he will be talking about the opening of www.unrealsp.org. It's at least 3 pages long, and DavidM managed to piss off at least 5 people in it. I'm one of these people (under the name Techno JF), and another is Clawfist.

For that matter, read the most recent thread in that forum too.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Originally posted by Machismo

hmmm... i've heard a lot about this but never gotten any real info. i wonder if the posts are still hanging around on NC or was it waaaaaay back :hmm:

Not sure, it was at Nali City, you can probably do a search and find them... I'm going to do that. Go to www.planetunreal.com then go to the features section, I have an interview with DavidM there, he said it wasn't serious, just for fun, people took it serious.