UE2 - UT2kX Limiting sunlight ambience to specific zones?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WesPaugh

Nov 13, 2008
I'm going through a terrain creation tutorial, part of which involved a sunlight actor. This created a bunch of really dark areas on the terrain from shadows, as such:
unrealEdnotenoughlightterrain.jpg

I can get rid of these by just setting the ambient light of either the sunlight or zoneInfo actors to something greater than 0, but the connected indoor level adopts the changes as well and my artistic vision for dramatic indoor lighting is ruined. Ruined!

Is there a way to reduce these shadows without affecting the rest of the map? Aside from the obvious hack of introducing lights where needed?

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
use 2 sunlight actors that might work or put the first sunlight actor in the middle of the brush and point it directly downword

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Been a while since I've looked at ut2k4, so I'm getting rusty, but you really should be able to set ambient light on a per-zone basis? If it's 'leaking' go into zone view mode and check each zone if a different colour'. If it isn't then your portalling is failing somewhere.

Last edited: