Poll: Should U2 have a translocator?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should U2 CTF have a Translocator?

• Yes!

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Yes, but not as respawn weapon.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yes, but with reduced power.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • No, not at all.

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Should U2 have a translocator? I'm referring mostly to U2's CTF here.

I'd say yes, but I'd like to see it's power reduced. Either give it limited ammo, so that you have to pick up ammo for it. Or give it a recharge rate, for example one translocation takes 1 ammo, it recharges with 1 ammo per 3 second to a maximum of 10 ammo.

Last edited:

WiLD2

W4NG
There will be an x-loc in Unreal 2, as far as I know, but it will have ammo (non-renewing I hope, so you have to pick it up from the ground). So you can tele-spam all you want... right up until you shoot it once but don't have enough ammo to continue the tele-train and you fall straight down the cliff you just jumped off to avoid that snipers bullet :D I think Legend Entertainment knows what they are doing when they are making this.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
There will be an x-loc in Unreal 2, as far as I know

Why would you say that?

I'm with you, Cleaner. When I first heard of the idea of the x-loc, I thought, "Great! Now all of the Grapple/Beamer m0nkies will lose their 'wings'. I like it.". Now, in practice, you can see that it has been pushed to the extreme.

I think something along the lines of ammo usage would be fair. In particular, I'm thinking about the Beamer in RealCTF that recharged when not in use. I think that slowing the rate of fire a little more would be helpful too.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
All of the "solid" information is posted on Legend's U2 website. All of the stuff in the "official" U2 forum is purely speculative, unless Sam Brown or Mathias Worch post it. :)

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
U2 will have huge open areas. And as it is, people would just teletrain across them. Which lets face it, wouldnt be fun.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
YES! unless the (multiplayer) game play is changed SO much as to render it useless or overpowerful
its an integral part of the game... leave it alone...
one of the few things that shouldnt be adjusted at all :> got it?! good! :p

i could see it having to recharge or use ammo if done carefully tho...

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
It should definitely be energy dependant. Slow intermittent use would use little power allowing easy recharge. Fast short bursts would drain the energy pack quickly needing a significantly longer recharge time.

If it was completely drained the module could let off a beep then with a five second countdown (giving time to drop or throw it) it would explode doing splash damage and leaving the player without a translocator.

Maybe spare units might be available as pick ups.

This would all lead to thoughtful tactical play but map design would be critical.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
im not the best tl handler but ive gotten ok... sure tl crazy players can be a lil annoying BUT, what im thinking of is map design...

theres lotsa maps that would be unplayable to one extent or another with no tl... and large maps would suffer (and im hoping for lotsa big beautiful maps!)
the tl is one of ut's most unique attributes and hope it doesnt change too much...
i think the slight slow down of the tl that was made did help a little with the tl master abusers out there...

ASMDstick

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
Just an idea. What if xLoc would use ur health instead of ammo, sort of hummerjump like , but not as much.
Say 5 health points per shot. If u r gonna teletrain u'll have to go though all health pickups or just be careful.
I'd like the xLoc power reduced somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.