Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The assault class IS retarded. Especially in BC2. Derp infinite grenades trolololol!

Yeah, later on the commander was just a different way of getting around the same amount of points (if you won), but at that point it was just stupid gameplay. Yeah, send orders no won will listen to and sit there and send arty that you can't even see the effect of its destruction. Lame. :hmm:

It was very interesting to see it used in competitive play, and I also saw a lot of great commanders on pubs. Sure, it is very different from the rest of the game and if you want to play it well, it's going to take some time, but again, you could say that about all of the classes. DICE said they're removing it, because it is too difficult and some people simply can't fill the role, and thus it is unfair. Or something.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Easiest class to get points with has to be medic. Run around reviving people and farm points with health packs...

Funny thing is, even though it's supposed to be a support class, it's the easiest to kill with too. G36E rigged. Sniper was also super easy to get points with too. Kill everyone in 1 hit or take most of their life off and finishing them is easy.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Funny thing is, even though it's supposed to be a support class, it's the easiest to kill with too. G36E rigged. Sniper was also super easy to get points with too. Kill everyone in 1 hit or take most of their life off and finishing them is easy.

Sure, but those two classes also had light armor.

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Aaw i enjoyed commander mode cuz it let me play the game when I wasn't in the mood for fp pew pew :( Problem was, squads weren't incentivised enough to follow orders.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I'm glad I don't complain about the games I play as much as you guys :p
makes them much easier to enjoy.

There's nothing wrong with complaining. Go to 4chan if you want mindless complaining. People will basically go "Let's make a boycott group and assasinate the game designer" if the box art is bad.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I don't think your complaining is mindless or unwarranted.
it's just funny because everyone seems to tie their complaints to their opinions about how the game should be played. but there is no should. the game is what it is. you can either adapt and focus on aspects of the game you enjoy or shut up.

didn't like Commander?
then don't apply for that role. don't pay attention to their commands.
think the Assault class is overpowered?
then I guess you just suck at using the other classes and utilizing their abilities.

people are too attached to the scoreboard and stat-tracking and this ruins the game for them. who cares about the score? who gives a sh*t if the Commander earns the most points? does that seriously bother you? if so, then you need to reevaluate your reasons for playing video games to begin with.

play[enjoy] the game the way you want to play[enjoy] it.
that's what it's for.
focus on what you like, excel at it, stop bitching about the things you can't change.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
There's nothing wrong with complaining. Go to 4chan if you want mindless complaining. People will basically go "Let's make a boycott group and assasinate the game designer" if the box art is bad.
Big classic PC Gaming boxes or bust... ... ed kneecaps. o.o

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
it's just funny because everyone seems to tie their complaints to their opinions about how the game should be played. but there is no should. the game is what it is. you can either adapt and focus on aspects of the game you enjoy or shut up.

didn't like Commander?
then I guess you just suck at using the other classes and utilizing their abilities.

people are too attached to the scoreboard and stat-tracking and this ruins the game for them. who cares about the score? who gives a sh*t if the Commander earns the most points? does that seriously bother you? if so, then you need to reevaluate your reasons for playing video games to begin with.

that's what it's for.
focus on what you like, excel at it, stop bitching about the things you can't change.

But Jacks what about our e-peen?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000

didn't like Commander?

that's what it's for.
Argument applies to UT3, too. :p

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
New teaser is still just a tease, but it shows us in-game footage and lordy, lordy, lordy does it look amazing

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2tae2PmmU[/M]

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Is this the first Battlefield game(not bad company) that has had a single player portion? I don't recall 1942 or B2 even having one?

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Just saw this too <3 Looks sweet.

I'd be very surprised to see the game come out this year though.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I like the idea of a single player but I hope it doesn't have too much of the insurgent stuff. Battlefield has always been about army vs army and I have always liked it because of that.
(Hopes for return of MEC instead of insurgent)

Looks like the animation quality they boasted in the game informer article is legit.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
The problem with looking at the teaser for graphics is this: EA. They are notorious for touching up trailers and screenshots. It certainly looks like it's in-engine but I wouldn't be surprised if they used some crazy prerender resolution and then did a lot of post processing.