Hints, tips, feedback, comments. plz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Yes, looks very good. From what you said though, don't go overboard w/ secrets /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

The Joker

Mar 13, 2000
Visit site
actually thats really good looking, i like the large open areas, i hate small hallways. just make sure that your bots go everywhere and i mean everywhere, not just back and forth to the important weapons, i hate that.

bullet2.gif

"Cry Havoc And Let Loose The Dogs Of War"
the JºKëR has spoken

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
yea, it looks very nice indeed. i agree with joker, the open areas do seem to make a good arena for some serious combat... /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

the architecture looks simple yet effective, and i'd bet you get good framerates if you keep it that way. looking forward to dl the map when it's done.

Horza

Apr 15, 2000
Visit site
Looks fantastic, let us know when it's done, very half=life inspired itlooks, though that is no bad thing,I loved the warehouses in hl and oppo force, have you considered adding in a load (not too many) of anti-grav boots, so its like fighting those female black op ninjas you found in the ware houses in hl and of who can jump real high?

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
I planned on jumpboots, but not too many, one or two should be enough, and there's the problem of jumping out of the level, which is currently still possible.

A question I have is this: When I make these invisible collision hulls, do I use semi-solids? and if so, are there any things I shouldn't do using semi-solids. All I know is that you can't subtract other brushes from it, and that there's some kind of problem when you can touch two at a time?

Currently it's not possible to get on the roof without hurting yourself really bad. But I'm gonna do something about that I think.

The roofs really are very nice camping spots, not that I like camping, but every map should feature a sort of nice camping spot.

It will take some time to get it finished though. One of the warehouses is currently closed alltogether, and you have to be able to walk around in them.
Bot paths are not done, I didn't decide where to put the weapons yet, and there's some more stuff I gotta think about a little more.

I'll post a message when it's done.