bot-edit question : Is bot 'X' = bot 'X' in the team-list ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
In InfiltrationUser.ini there are two lists with bots :

a) 'basic botlist'
32 bots with skills/faces/models/voices/skin-settings
These are the settings DLL's Bottweaker edits ...
Which loadout do they use ?
Do they look in the 'extended botlist' for a bot with the same name to get the loadout-info ?

b) 'extended botlist'
a list of bots with name,face, model, voice, skin and what I think is a teamsetting and a loadout
these are the bots you edit in Infiltration if you change bots.

Since there are only 32 bots with 'skills' (like accuracy/camping) what settings do these bots use ???
referring to the smaller list would be pointless, because there wouldn't be any individual settings for these bots ...

avengingangel

May 29, 2000
If the bots are in a user made team, then they are given the loadout that is in InfiltrationBotTeams.ini, the one you select. If they aren't in a user made team, they randomly pick weapons for their loadout.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
That (sort of) solves the 'loadout'-problem, but what about the skill-settings ?

I'd hate it if the sniperteam I create would have a lousy accuracy & a 'combatstyle'-setting = 'berserk' ...
Or an 'assaultteam' that prefers to camp ...

avengingangel

May 29, 2000
I don't know for sure, but I think it uses the values from a bot of the same name in InfiltrationUser.ini.

Somehow my InfUser.ini only has the UT bots, but everything still works.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
JaFO,
After talking to Beppo, here's my understanding of the way it works:

The bot skill settings in InfiltrationUser.ini are used for bots in net war games.

When you play local war, and you are using the teams you designed, the bots select their skill set from the InfiltrationUser.ini randomly .

As far as random loadouts go: I think avengingangel is right. That makes sense.
If the bots are in a user made team, then they are given the loadout that is in InfiltrationBotTeams.ini, the one you select. If they aren't in a user made team, they randomly pick weapons for their loadout.

What does this mean?

* In a net war game you can specify the behavior of the bots, but not the weapons they use.

* In a local war game you can specify the weapons, but not the behavior.

This causes some problems if you want to design a task-specific bot. You can either design a bot that is a reclusive camper with high accuracy and a random weapon, or you can design a bot that has a sniper rifle and random skills.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
I just hope they can fix this, cause any bot-tweaking would be useless otherwise ...

avengingangel

May 29, 2000
I've almost done a mutator that makes the offline team bots pick their settings from their own config, just like net bots.

The settings are added to the end of the bot config in InfiltrationBotTeams.ini.

The individual settings on a line are divided by //

The index of the settings on the line will be-
0 - name
1 - loadout
2 - camo
3 - face
4 - class
5 - skill
6 - fav weapon
7 - accuracy
8 - combat style
9 - alertness