Stallion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Ok, I know this might sound like unusual thing to happen but it raises questions on UT's compatabily with Internet Explorer 5. Now bare with me for one moment and read what I have to say and think on it, before you decide what I have said be a glitch or just a random happening.. Ok I know they have an update patch for the servers out, and that it does work but here's where it gets alittle weird I use Internet Explorer 4 and when I ran UT at all the servers I could possibly play at it ran perfect I was happy.. Now I went ahead and went to windows udate and upgraded to IE5 and I started playing at the servers again that have the update and for some apparent reason UT ran sluggish and I don't mean alittle.. So I thought maybe IE5 might not have gotten installed right so I went back and had them reinstall it to see if that was the case.. So I went back to the servers and started playing again well guess what same thing happened it was horrible so I tried other servers to see if it was just the one, all were doing the same thing.. Now I went back to windows update and had them uninstall IE5 and went back to IE4 , and I went back to those servers and played again I bet you can already guess what I am going to say /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I had perfect game play no sloppy playing it was as if the problem dissappeared... Now I know that UT is in its Demo stage and that UT has not gone gold just Yet, but I thought I would tell you this and let you be the one to decide wheither it was just a coinciedence or wheither it is indeed a problem between UT and IE5... I am not by any means trying to stir anything up I am just simply pointing out an issue that I thought might be why alot of people were having hell with UT .. You see I reinstalled my system the otherday and by default my system uses IE4 so I up graded to IE5 before I had ever Downloaded UT from the beginning and had troubles out the *** with the game playing over the net... I did not even think to check IE5 as the source of the trouble, but now believe it has alittle something to do with it.. Now I am sure there are people out there that are using IE5 and having no problems and heres something that might be the reason why their not. Their system might have already come installed with the IE5 and did not have to download it at windows..Thats just a thought.. Now Think on it real hard and see if it might be possible... Thanks for your attention!!! Signed,

------------------
Wraith:/ An apparition of a living person in his exactlikeness seen usually just before his death :\ Ghost. Spector... I shall live forever!!!

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Wraith, that is an interesting story. I haven't had IE4 on my system for so long, I wouldn't know if such a difference exists.

Occasionally, I still have another problem which I would like solved: slowing down of my LAN when doing file transfers between my computers. I described this in detail a year ago, but never got an explanation. It seemed that if, when I shut down Unreal, if it was left at the setting of "modem" under options, then my LAN would operate at a snail's pace. If I reopened Unreal and changed the option to "LAN", and then shut down Unreal, my LAN would operate at normal high speeds. I read about the program called MTUspeed causing this problem so I uninstalled it, but that did not fix the problem. It is something to do with Unreal, and there must be some residue of a change made in the registry that does not get cleaned up when the game is shut down, but what change? I have witnessed other people having an identical problem with slow file transfers on their LAN, and there was no explanation about how to fix the problem from some fairly learned people who were nearby. How about anyone reading this?

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
I would assume that IE5 has some files running or takes up more system rescorces or also could update some dll files somewhere that is not completly compatible with UT. All I have to say is no dam wonder my lan is running so dam slow...Back to lan settings on UT /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Never really thought about the lan thing but i should check my boys settings on his UT and see if his is set for lan or modem play /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
If I was not so good they would call me great /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

i wanted to pull up the oldest topic... this one was at the end /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
quite an interesting topic /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Gaze into the Abyss so I can get a better look at you..."
-Fatal Abyss(Jess Edwards)

E-mail: fatalabyss@hotmail.com
http://members.xoom.com/BringPeace

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
well as long as this thread is back, i will comment that i got IE5 yesterday and UT play is unaffected. guess it was a demo issue.

have you actually been using IE4 until now? yikes

bullet2.gif

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Gaze into the Abyss so I can get a better look at you..."
-Fatal Abyss(Jess Edwards)

E-mail: fatalabyss@hotmail.com
http://members.xoom.com/BringPeace