Instant Message.........Where???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Well, the translator message thing can't work if the player doesn't have a translator. I haven't tried it out, but I've noticed that the Trigger has a property called "Message". Try whether this is displayed the way you want it to.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Sorry, but I have a hard time getting online on weekends.

Anyway, I have an answer for you. It is the SpecialEvent actor that does it. In any state other than "None" (in the Object menu), the actor will display the message when it's triggered, even when it's playing sounds, damaging pawns, etc. However, there are two ways that a SpecialEvent actor can display its message. If bBroadcast is false in the SpecialEvent's properties, then the message goes to the speech window, and only the player that triggered it will see it. If bBroadcast is True, then the message is displayed in the middle of the screen, all players will receive it, and they will hear a message beep.

As far as TranslatorEvent messages go, the player does need to have a Translator to read them. Triggering one of these will cause it to display the next message in that actor (a TranslatorEvent actor can hold up to 3 messages).