I liked Devastation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
cole_bie said:
i heard devastation was one of the worst games ever made.

If you can find it for a good price (the maker is no more). I say buy it. I really liked the game.

I brought my PC to a LAN center, and told the other players it was a Japanise Beta of HL2.... :lol: One kid told all his friends (for 2 weeks) that he played HL2... :D The game is that good. :tup:

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
The game wasn't bad at all, but the AI is very frustrating and the game itself is a bit unfinished, for the rest we have a lot of weapons, the graphics were good, the multiplayer mod "territories" looks like an assault mod from UT and is the best MP gametype.
The physics aren't very good, but it's one of the rare game that allow us to use, bottles, rats and other cool weaponry.
By the fact the game were unfinished and the bad AI the game have some bad reviews, for me it looks not bad, classic with a lot of weaps, controllable teammates.
The concept of the game is good, but their application was an other story

Razorjack

Lone Walker
Dec 18, 2008
The Netherlands
was a pretty fun game. I don't remember if I ever played the singleplayer all the way through, but I do know that I spent quite some time on it. I find this whole post-apocalyptic/dystopian subject quite fascinating. the game kind of reminded me of Gore Ultime Soldier, which also used the Unreal engine if I'm not mistaken.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
No other game do you use a rat as a weapon.... :D

The MP part has some very cool maps too.

Half life opposing force had penguin with grenade as weapon in multiplayer...erm...

Never really played Devastation except a bit shortly at friend, but I didn't truly like it, it was boring for me.

Sep 24, 2005
Didn't like it.

I had a quick look at the maps and it was clearly visible that all of the maps could look better with little work.

The game doesn't "click" at all for me, especially from todays perspective.

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
was a pretty fun game. I don't remember if I ever played the singleplayer all the way through, but I do know that I spent quite some time on it. I find this whole post-apocalyptic/dystopian subject quite fascinating. the game kind of reminded me of Gore Ultime Soldier, which also used the Unreal engine if I'm not mistaken.

Gore doesn't use any unreal engine ;) it uses its own engine called second a wiki article AMP engine
For me gore is a mix between UT, Q3 and SOF 1 with a new stamnia system, destructible items, and body awarness.
we can see some UT style inside GORE, but the rest is completely different ...

Untouchable2K

" Untouchable "
Mar 27, 2005
Hollywood, CA
I like the game too, i bought it couple years ago, still in a nice jewel case with the serial number on the back lol. Its pretty good, but it needs a patch or mod to update the visuals a bit.

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
Or perhaps a mod ported on a newer engine, but it depends about what think the company who made the game ...