Recovering Corrupt Images

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I had a small memory card full of photos, thinking that I'd already copied them to my PC I deleted everything on there. I then realised that I'd deleted the photos without copying so I didn't use the card and straight away used a programs to recover the files on it.

I managed to recover all of the files, but many of the images are corrupt. I can see them as a low res thumbnail in Picasa (my default photo viewer) but as soon as it goes to refine the image or zoom in it gives up and renders a gray square with a few lines at the top.

Some of the data it obviously still there to be shown as a thumbnail, but I can't view it.

Does anyone know of any programs that I can view the images with (even at a low res) without it giving up and showing me a gray square?

Thanks in advance.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
What is the program you used for the recovery? Although I can't really help you, beause I have no experience with that, did you try resaving it or something? I see this part of forum is hardly visited, probably was bad idea to ask about my problem as well here.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I used Recover my Files to recover the images from the memory card and I've tired using other programs to do that same thing, however they've all had the same result so far. I haven't been able to open the images with anything yet for it to allow me to resave them, but if I find something that'll open them I'll give it a try.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Why was he banned? He answered on the topic.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I'm sceptical whether the software will work seeing as other photo recovery software didn't, but I'll give it a go anyway.