Official Map Pack Released?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Your recollection is a bit fuzzy :)

Unreal did have updates that added things like Hardcore mode and a different server browser. (edit - thanks Gothik) And the Fusion map pack.

UT had four bonus packs, but I'd hardly call them small! The Inoxx pack had six maps, the DE bonus pack had 2 CTF maps and some mutators. Another had 11 maps, 3 characters, and Relics. The last had 12 maps and 2 characters.

Unreal Tournament 2003 bonus pack 1 had three new gametypes, 10 new maps, two new adrenaline combos, new announcer voices, and a music player. The UT2003 bonus pack 2 had 6 new maps from Digital Extremes.
Whoops! I totally misread that....

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Some people keep saying that we're getting free content so we shouldn't be complaining, but since the bonus packs have always been a part of UT, it's pretty much an expectation-no, an integral part of the product. UT vets who go out to buy the new title when it's released know in the back of their minds that there will be quality bonus packs coming out in a few months. That's one thing that sets UT apart from other games. In the end, bonus packs are a part of the product, they're not expansions or "bonuses," despite the name.

So when the bonus pack turns out to be subpar, the "gift horses" have every right to complain, because it's an integral part of the product. When they haven't gotten their $60 worth, when ordinary mapmakers churn out better maps, they should moan.

So you are saying that you have basically been spoiled? That you "deserve" and "expect" a bonus pack?

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
...and the "gift horse" would be the bonus pack itself... If you want to complain about free stuff, that's fine I guess. I personally think it makes you look like a douche despite your justification.

Then again, I feel I already got my 50$ worth. I bought tribes3, beat the single player campaign, and played like 3 maps online. That really wasn't worth the 50%. This game is still fun.