Piracy - Beta 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

silvermoon

Nov 19, 2003
Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Piracy - Beta 1 (UT Classic)

I'm looking for feedback on a new map I'm working on. The plan is for this map to be one half of a CTF map, with a second ship for the other base. Right now, it's playable as a small DM map, for about 2-4 players.

Still a heap of detail work to be done, but I'd like to know whether people would be interested in the final product once it's finished.

EDIT: Got rid of Beta1 download - Beta2 is at the bottom of this thread

Attachments

• Piracy2.jpg
    Piracy2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Piracy5.jpg
    Piracy5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Piracy7.jpg
    Piracy7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

diceman

Dec 20, 2003
Castrop-Rauxel (Germany)
Shots look a bit dark, you really should run a graphic program
and boost them up a bit. But downloading it nevertheless right
now . . . ;)

*** EDIT ***
Arrgh! it´s for UT1 only, I can´t test it. I´m sorry. But you really
should edit your post so people know EXACTLY what they are
downloading. ;)

CU AROUND

Last edited:

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Downloading now. Going to wait until tonoght when I have a total of 3 players connected in to the game. That way we get info from Players and mappers. This might help more them haveing info from only 1 person repling back.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
To start with ways to the roof of the ship I found were too slow. A nearby sniper hidden in several areas can easily pick you off when you jump up. The rocket launcher that is provided on the roof is useless in the low gravity environment unless you are in the air shooting at the other player. But they will most likely take to the air to avoid certain death. The other players can easily dodge out of the way and shoot back. If you are not taking advantage of the low gravity your dead. The best weapons to hit a target doing that is a Sniper rifle or the shock rifle.

The 2 dead ends that contains the armor are death traps if you get stuck in there when another players comes by. OR you can use them as a ambush point if the passing player does not take the time to look for someone hiding there. "See image" The other rooms all you see are the bare walls of a cube where future detail will hopefully added.

Attachments

• deathtrap.JPG
    deathtrap.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
diceman said:
Shots look a bit dark, you really should run a graphic program
and boost them up a bit. But downloading it nevertheless right
now . . . ;)

*** EDIT ***
Arrgh! it´s for UT1 only, I can´t test it. I´m sorry. But you really
should edit your post so people know EXACTLY what they are
downloading. ;)

CU AROUND
Thread title "Piracy - Beta 1 (UT Classic)" With the word CLASSIC in it! Hello?? Red flag!!!!!

silvermoon

Nov 19, 2003
Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
I'm working on more ways to get in & out of the ship - will probably end up with ramps/lifts somewhere in the wings. That was a good point about the RL - it works reasonably against bots, but I'd not considered that a human would just jump out of the way.

As for the bare walls, I'm still doing a lot of detail work - I was looking for feedback mostly on the flow.

Muchly appreciated!

silvermoon

Nov 19, 2003
Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Piracy - Beta2

OK, I've prettified it a bit, almost completed the layout of the interior of the ship. Still a *lot* of trim & detail work inside, and I'm not happy yet with the lifts on the wings... Let me know what you think.

The rear-most room with the catwalk along 3 sides will be the blue flagbase in the CTF version. The lifts coming into the sides should keep things exciting in there, I think... Still not sure what I'm doing with the lower level coming off that room, will probably link it back to the rooms with side doors out of the ship.

Attachments

• DM-Piracy-Beta2.zip
    355.5 KB · Views: 16