Mac Sigs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

erehwo_n

Sigma Chi
Sep 28, 2000
Cheyenne, WY
Visit site
Due to the fact that there seems to be a rather large amount of Macsters in UT and in Inf in particular, I think that there should be more mac sigs out there. Lets see how creative all of us are with a "superior graphics computer." I am no graphic artist, I just threw mine together in about 10 minutes. Let the games begin... ;)

erehwoN2.gif

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I thumb my nose at your single mindedness. :D

This sig was partaly done on a Mac and finished up on a PC.

LONG LIVE THE MULTILINGUAL!!!

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
ARGH, I can't stand macs, they just aren't for gaming realy in my opinion, there just ment for big sis upstairs in her bed room.[this is all MY opinion]

But this sig was created by a type of computer called "reality"
tang51d.jpg

"I'm pulling for ya, we're all in this together."-Red Green

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I can understand someone not wanting to own a Mac, but I don't understand the hatred for them. Now I do understand the hatred for some Mac users (not any here though ;) ). Too many of them no nothing about computers but are ready to trash Windows and PCs at the drop of a hat (not that there aren't the same kind of idiots on the PC side).

There's little difference between PCs and Macs anymore. Sure the Macs are slightly less stable then Windows machines but they look cooler :) . However Windows still has the registry (which is the most lothesome part of Windows).

Anyway, MacOSX is basicaly UNIX now, so maybe the Macs will be superior (there's a petition out there to get Apple to release an x86 version of OSX, so go find it and sign it).

Believe me, if all the software I use on both systems was available on Linux I'd drop both platforms instantly and set them both up on Linux.

I've found that the more someone in either camp trashes the other in the whole PC vs Mac thing, the less they know about computers in general (including their preferred OS).

"Can't we all just get along?"
-Rodney King

"No!"
-Steve Jobs
"Hell, NO!"
-Bill Gates

"All three of you are dumbasses"
-Linus Torvalds

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
I like both machines for the different things they bring to the table. As for the stability of both operating systems I would say they are about even. They both poop out when I don't want them to. :) As for the macs looking cool wait until you have to replace a failed analog board on an iMac. I would still like to find the apple engineer who came up with that bright idea and beat him about the head. :D

lust3.jpg

Seven Sins

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
The industrial engineer at Apple I want to slap is the tiny handed 12 year old girl they got to design the iMouse :rolleyes:

I think we should put together a class action law suit against Apple for mass carpel tunnel syndrome :)

However the G3/G4 tower case is absolute brilliance in both form and function. I wish I could find one and try to stuff my PIII in it.

And the look of the iMac is what saved Apple from dying (I agree that working on one is a big ole PITA)

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Heh

Macintosh computers allowed yuppies to enter my world. Therefore, Macs are evil. Without their flashy colors (to match the yuppie's BMW) and their outrageous prices (Yuppies usually own an expensive car and an expensive house/aparment/condo that they cannot afford the mortgage on) yuppies would have passed them by and would have stuck to thier up-scale cafes and thier shooping sprees at Abercrombie and Fitch and Armani Exchange. Macs are the gateway to hell. ::cough:: Even though I use them for movie editing ::cough::

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I think more yuppies use Windows because they use Microsoft Office crap.

I've got a Kinsington Thinking mouse at work :) The hockey puck is in a drawer somewhere

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

erehwo_n

Sigma Chi
Sep 28, 2000
Cheyenne, WY
Visit site
You guys missed the point

This was not meant to start ANOTHER platform flame. I don't care if you use a Windoze computer. That is your choice. Likewise, it is my choice to use a mac. Someone said that windows is more stable than macs. I completely disagree. Until Microsoft releases their new Whistler OS next year(s), they will never be as stable. With each release of Windows, they have become more mac-like. Take windows 3.1, then 95. Take the tool bar, place it on top of the screen, move the trash, err "Recycle Bin" (another rip off) to the lower right, and viola, a mac desktop! Well, it looks like I missed my own point. I hate it whenever someone mentions the word "mac" on the forum, idiots feel like they need to add their own .02 and try to convert us "heathens" to what they feel is superior. In every Mac post, there is always someone who flames it...get a life. Like what you say will actually convince us, it only shows your narrow-mindedness and your immaturity. I have extensively used both OS's, and they both have their faults, but it is MY OPINOIN that I like macs better. So please stop with the platfor flaming. God, I hate to get pissed on a Saturday.

erehwoN2.gif

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
Did any of you guys hear me say "mac sucks, windows is BETTER" no, Macs might be more stable than windows, but in my view, windows and PCs are ment more for gaming, witch I do alot, and macs in my opinion, are for business/serious stuff/communication, and stuff like that.

"I'm pulling for ya, we're all in this together."-Red Green

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i don't mind mac but i don't really have anything or plan to get anything that i would need a mac for. plus i basically got a spare parts warhouse for pc. i just hate people that are ignorant enough to say that windows is just a copy of the mac os. the gui is similiar but the kernal is totally difference but there's just no argueing with those people.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!
http://www.geocities.com/lord_bunker/

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Yeah, they both ripped off Xerox (who ripped off some Sweadish computer science student).
To argue that windows is a ripoff of MacOS is like saying Chevy ripped off Ford by building cars with 4 wheels on an assembly line.

Oh well, I'm most comfortable having both :) I don't think I could stand having just one or the other.

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>