Disappearing rockets/hud/players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NutBar-SOB

Dec 22, 1999
Ventura, CA
www.sobservers.com
Problem: When I play a hectic map (Niven, Thorns, Mcswartzly) with alot of players for a long time (30+ minutes) my rockets and other firing effects start disappearing. A couple minutes longer and my guns stop showing up in my hud. A couple minutes after that the other players dissappear. I can move/shoot/kill as normal the whole time but can't really see what I'm doing. My ping/PL stays the same through the whole thing. This has hapened on many servers.

Setup: P3-600, 384K RAM, V770 Ultra using Detonator 6.47 drivers currently but problem has been there with previous drivers too. I'm running D3D at 1024x768, 32-Bit.

SkinDetail=Medium
TextureDetail=High

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=True
UseMipmapping=True
UseTrilinear=False
UseMultitexture=True
UsePageFlipping=True
UsePalettes=True
UseFullscreen=True
UseGammaCorrection=True
DetailTextures=False
Use3dfx=False
UseTripleBuffering=True
UsePrecache=True
Use32BitTextures=True
DescFlags=9
dwDeviceId=40
dwVendorId=4318
UseVSync=False
Description=NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro
UseVideoMemoryVB=False
UseAGPTextures=False
Use32BitZBuffer=True
UseVertexFog=False

What I've tried and didn't work:
-"flush" command at console
-Rambooster utility to clear up some RAM
-feigning death and staring at floor for a while

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
You can try setting the desired framerate a little lower, but I doubt it's the cause of what you're describing. Are you overclocking anything? And what framerates are you getting w/this setup?

Nevar

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
Have you tried different cachesize settings? Odd to see this post... You are usually helping people not asking for help :) Might try UseVSync=True

Poof

Sep 13, 2000
Visit site
I've had that happen as well and I have a Voodoo3 2000 card running GLIDE. It only started happening with the 43x versions too... sigh.

The symptom of the disappearing weapons is the primary problem (have heard the same from a few others using 43x). You end up hoping someone will frag you so you get your weapon back (switching doesn't work although sometimes you can grab a weapon and it will be visible so you can at least get back into the action). LOL.