Thanks...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
Is it out?! Did they turn it on?! Can we actually play something that's been sitting on so many drives this whole time?! Is this the right forum?

bid

Sep 27, 2004
Greedy, Evil, corporation

RaptoR said:
... for dragging yourself away from your crowbar for long enough to visit BeyondUnreal. ;)

I'll never buy a game with Nazi-like copy protection schemes that require you to activate the game online before you can play the game.

I'll never give my money to a greedy, evil, corporation.

I'll wait for the hassle-free cracked version.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
bid said:
I'll never buy a game with Nazi-like copy protection schemes that require you to activate the game online before you can play the game.

Shut up unless you're using Linux or something similar.
By supporting piracy you're giving them reasons to continue with insane measures like this.

striderstrahan

Apr 4, 2004
What about linux?

bid said:

I'm more thinking that I'm not going to buy a game that can't even produce a linux version (you can't say that linux isn't a game platform anymore - with athalon 64 and nvidia video card, doom 3 fps goes through the roof). I think I'll be sticking to UT2004 for a little while yet!

If there is going to be a linux version, point me to it right away, but if there is not . . . sorry valve, the first one was great, but you're not getting my money.

bid

Sep 27, 2004
JaFO said:
Shut up unless you're using Linux or something similar.
By supporting piracy you're giving them reasons to continue with insane measures like this.

So you suggest I support Valve, and encourage their Nazi behavior? If Valve's Nazi tactics is successful, it will become the default business model for the gaming industry.

BTW: I don't support piracy; I support common sense.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
bid said:
So you suggest I support Valve, and encourage their Nazi behavior? If Valve's Nazi tactics is successful, it will become the default business model for the gaming industry.

BTW: I don't support piracy; I support common sense.
So why are you even considering waiting for a crack ?

Guess who is going to make that thing ? That's right ... the warez-monkeys.
I doubt we'll see Valve offering an official no-Steam-activation patch.

And as for not 'supporting' big evil corporations ... unless you're using Linux or any other open-source OS you are supporting them by using their POS.

SyK0

Feb 1, 2004
bah ill never pick up the Crowbar unless it becomes like 20$ :D but i think its funny that HL2 got one of the lowest score for the most wated game this year along with Doom3 witch got 8.5 Halo2 got 9.4 and GTA SA got 9.6 :rockon: and HL2 got a 9.2 :lol: but i coulda got HL2 but i picked up UT04 witch got 9.4 :D cuse UT has way more replay value and + i think HL2 wont have any MP sept for CSS witch that is one of the lamest game/mod ever made :tdown:

Air7725

Urusai
Sep 10, 2003
England
www.free-monkey.com
Bah Gamespot allways treat Pc games crap just add 5 points to there score.
That and gamespot stinks anyways They go on about how bad the game sucks and then give it a 9.2 wtf is up with that.

And anygame that gets
98%
10/10
97 (2 times)
96% (like 5 times)

is worth buying

Calva

Jan 11, 2002
Netherlands
Visit site
SyK0 said:
bah ill never pick up the Crowbar unless it becomes like 20$ :D but i think its funny that HL2 got one of the lowest score for the most wated game this year along with Doom3 witch got 8.5 Halo2 got 9.4 and GTA SA got 9.6 :rockon: and HL2 got a 9.2 :lol: but i coulda got HL2 but i picked up UT04 witch got 9.4 :D cuse UT has way more replay value and + i think HL2 wont have any MP sept for CSS witch that is one of the lamest game/mod ever made :tdown:
to be honest, I think HL2 kicks ut2k4's butt....

SyK0

Feb 1, 2004
i dont see how... Ut2004 is mostly MP and hl2 is going to be mostly if not all SP and i get bored of SP games fast and i want somthing that everytime i play it theres somthing new to do, i think the olny thing good about HL2 is the mods cuse after u finsh it what else will there be to do....

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
Hey, I'm only here because my pre-load is only at 50%... :)
Seriously, while I look forward to play the game, the lack of MP (besides CS: Source; where is TFC???) means it will have a short "life" on my disk.
I doubt it will replace UT2004 as my favourite shooter of the year (especially now that for some reason after I installed the 4.12 beta drivers for my 9600XT I can play without any slowdown at 1600x1200! I used to have lots of slowdowns in some maps at 1280x1024).

What I'm really looking forward is my most-wanted game of 2004, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines...

SyK0

Feb 1, 2004
i think there coming out with TF2.... but i dont see why they dont port TFC to the source.. :rolleyes:

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
TFC/S is part of one of those extra expensive packages (either 'silver' or 'gold').