StargateUnreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pyronious

Good morning vietn.. Unreal!
Mar 10, 2008
This thread will be used to post updates and such :)
Yes, we are still developing! lol :D

here is some new stuff
====Movies====
SGU TEASER
SGU Control Center

====Pictures====
Pawns In-Game:
spida.png

anubisguard.png
anubisguard2.png

soldierh.png
soldier2k.png

serpentgaurd2.png
serpentgaurd.png

World #2:
shot0148i.png

shot0149b.png

shot0150.png

shot0151.png

Weapons:
shot0152z.png

shot0106.png

shot0102k.png

Shop:(concept, replication problems)
shot0145.png

shot0146.png

shot0147.png

hope you enjoyed it :)
cya next time.

Last edited:

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
damn, this is a rather big dissapointment - i expected more replies
emoticon_dissapointed.gif

feels like weve been working hard last month for nothing ,as nobody cares anymore.. is this true :( ?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The problem is that the whole Unreal series is steadly, and slowly, going into a stale status, if it hasn't happened already (and the answer is probably a yes). UT3, UT2k4 and also UT are suffering from this decay, and the original Unreal seems to be doing even worse than those. At least, this is what I'm just experiencing by looking at BU and other certain Unreal websites, but you can quickly realize that the activity isn't as good as some years ago. Now there are only a few Unreal-related websites up, look how much stuff is gone in almost two years from the release of UT3.

Regarding this thread in the BU Forum, posting in this section isn't the right idea, since there's a Content Releases section fully visible in the Forum Mainpage. You may be more lucky there, but know that the care for Unreal 1 and its mods is mediocre around here.

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
I do not agree with TurdDrive , that is because there are oldskool players coming back cus of our mod, we have over 30 watchers on moddb(probably all unreal players) and when weare beta testing people try to join even though it says "authorized personnel only" and downloads are off. Thanks for the replies though :)
Could any moderator or admin please move this thread to the suggested section? thanks :)

I like very much the concept of Item drops, reminds me of Mercenaries. I'd be curious to see how that turns out. I can't say I'm a fan of Stargate, but I'll download anything related to Unreal Singleplayer on general principle. From the screenshots, I'd say your weapon and creature design is much better than your humans, but it's always hard to judge without seeing them ingame (generally when I have a model to show from a project, I don't reveal it unless it has a pretty good render ready or is ingame). I see some sharp shapes in there for noses and such, and I can't really be sure but the people look sort of angular somehow. Maybe smooth them out some? I know UT and Unreal 227 can handle for more complex models than that, so don't be shy ;)

Last edited:

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
I wouldn't worry about the lack of response here, the forum may as well be called Beyond OffTopic now :)

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
well im the modeler (and "mapper"):p and project leader along with henry00³ and Sm1key
as for the mapping, if i take the time for it i can create good stuff i geuss, i lack time.
this project is multiplayer RPG FPS style , with some adventures/dungeons etc.. travel between worlds that run on different servers etc. we lack mappers :eek: maps dont have to be supreme quality, mainly just 'mass mapping' with some village, place for the stargate, and area to level up and train, and some dungeon with some reward worth doing it. as for the nose of the guy, has been fixed xD that was a rather old render :)
the development team is currently only me and henry00³, because smikey is absent(he having internet and RL problems, but hes getting us servers) and surprisingly enough the progress speeded up 500% since only enry and I work on it! strange eh :) (not really fair to say that though because since we started 4 years back or something i didnt know anything and i leanred it all by myself , i dont follow a course for 3d modelling or sometyhing, im 15 and doing regular school.) Anyways, our files will be installed using a Patcher (which is SAFE, good jesus there are some suspicious people living in this world afraid of anything yet unkown :s) it is created by henry(just as the Public SGUCC where you can follow our latest activities). A patcher because we will have new updates time to time , fixes, new stuff.. all that. The patcher fucntions as a Launcher:
NewPatcher.JPG

Also it is highly recommended to install SGU on a clean COPY of unreal(copy/paste of you prefer) as some files get replaced (splash images, unreal.unr, entry.unr and some else yet not known) and you wont be able to play on highly protected servers because of some changes in user.ini., and some stated 'unknown packages' loaded. It will be like a standalone game.
UnrealSP.org might be an option, too bad our image has been damaged due to people think its dead cus like a year ago it was announced it was close to completion and we didnt give a heartbeat since then. (back then we didnt have any stuff either. lol)

any questions ?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Actually replacing files is generally a bad idea. Your mod doesn't really require it after all, just use alternate ini after all with different paths or something.
Have you seen how U4E does things in UT or other mods? Why not using the same?

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
good one! was thinking about that in the UT99 mod way, but i didnt think that'd be possible. so how do i do that with alternate ini's ?