Joystick Configuration for dual anlog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

King Slayer

Jun 5, 2000
Visit site
Hi man! My help wont solve your current problem but probably a long term one. Loose the joystick. The keyboard & mouse config, although a bit difficult to master for a newbie, is the most versatile and all the buttons in the world on the world's best joystick can not compare.

HashX

Jun 8, 2000
Bowie, Md.
No way... I beat xan on masterful if thats any good (then i got blessed having to reinstall and lose it!), but if i could get those 2 anlog sticks going it would be much more precice, no taking my hands off to hit other stuff!

I still would like to know how!

[This message has been edited by HashX (edited 06-09-2000).]

King Slayer

Jun 5, 2000
Visit site
Ok man, I see you've got the shot. Now your problemm. First off what kind (brand, buttons/functions, etc.) of joystick are you attempting to use? Let me know and we'll go from there. I've been down this road before...

HashX

Jun 8, 2000
Bowie, Md.
Im Using a 3dFx/InterAct HammerHead Fx

2 Shoulder Buttons
2 Trigger Buttons
6 Right Hand Buttons
Digital Control Pad on Left (which will work for 4 cardinal directions not diagonal!)
2 Anlogs

I can configure which ones are which Axi (either x,y,x/y,i,j,i/j)

I was trying to use 4 of the right hand buttons as direction buttons (like a N64 controler) but its just not happening, its prioritizing buttons.

I can also program keyboard functions into all buttons but the digital pad and anlogs.

I know its alot of info but im putting down as much as i can so you don't need anymore =) thanks

King Slayer

Jun 5, 2000
Visit site
Well you've got me stumped, I tried screwing around with setup and some .ini files but to no avail. All I can suggest is to try E-mailing the Epic and see if they can either help you or direct you to some help. Be patient, it'll all work out in the end. I personally just got through a big snag with my own UT problems that took 3 1/2 weeks to get an answer. Best of Luck.

Beer eases pain.