First run problems...HELPPPPPPP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TowerofPower

Jan 21, 2001
Visit site
Well this is my first post.......and its about a problem that i have been experiencing for quite some time now......Since i got my Geforce 2 card,,,,i have been having trouble getting past the very first screens.....I installed and uninstalled many times......still nothing seems to fix the problem.When i attempt to run the game for the first time(over and over again)it detectd my Ultra card....and before it was the 32mb ddr....it just stops responding all together.....This has happened in both OpenGL and D3D.,When i ctrl-alt-del,it tells me that the program has stopped responding...And this happens every time.....I put my cpu back to stock mhz,,,,,even turned down hardware acceleration,,,,,,,nothing seems to work......this is my last hope for my favorite game....I thought i had a bad cd with the first one and went out and got the GOTY edition...and that didnt work....Any suggestions?I really miss playing this game....and its sooo much better then any Quake out there......HELPPPPPPPPP

TowerofPower

Jan 21, 2001
Visit site
Ok this i cannot figure out.....Even though it has stopped responding....i waitied and waited for about 2 min......until it finally started up......So now my question is.......why doesit take so long to actually get going?I have 384mb pc133 ram....and a 1 gig swap file on a seperate hd....

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
First read trough this forum. There are tons of similar threads with freeze crashes latley. Perhaps some can help you.

What drivers do you use? You should try NVidia's Detonator 6.47 not the standard drivers. Do you use DirectX 8.0 ?
It can also be your soundcard. Update everything to the newest drivers.

Did you try to run UT in safemode?

And please stop using so much commas and dots! It's a pain to my eyes :)