Get rid of the "LIGHTING NEEDS TO BE REBUILD" signs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
On custom maps, for exmaple this dm-windbock by g0th. It says all the time that lighting needs ot be rebuild....ingame, I don't remeber it doing this before patch.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
It means something in the map file has changed, and the lighting in it needs to be rebuilt. This is usually due to editing the file, or distributing a copy that hasn't had a final lighting build. I've not seen this in the game as the result of an actual error.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I know that, but many custom maps are like that now...sigh, that sign just annoys me, is there way to turn it off?

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
I believe for one of the windbook releases (RC?) that he did in fact forget to rebuild the lighting and thats why the message was there.
Is it possible that you have backed up the wrong version?
Have you checked the windbook thread?

I have 476 maps on this puta and have not had this issue with any of them so far. Granted its unlikely that ive played them all since the last patch, but would be a significant percentage of them

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I couldn't find the original thread and it seems I got the latest version, as far as I know he didn't release any other version since the last RC.

EDIT: Just found it, seems like latest version is RC2-fixed version, I got only RC2.