General Discussion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Samurai

Corona Leonis Entertainment
Welcome to the Eon community general discussion forum.

In this forum you are welcome to discuss anything within a few degrees of the subject of Eon. This means that you are encouraged to keep the discussions here within the framework of subjects connected to Eon in some way or another. Subjects involving games, game development, and literature are, for example, acceptable; subjects involving religion, politics, and vulgarity are not.

Other than those simple provisions, feel free to discuss whatever takes your fancy, have fun, and enjoy!

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Heh, BU states that Eon is an upcomming modification for ut2004, but I haven't found an official announcement on the Eon site? Have I missed something?

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
Welcome to the best Unreal site ever, guys.

HyPer128

Apr 20, 2004
alright :D well
hi, im HyPer... Lead Artist on Eon. I along with a handfull of other tallented dudes brought you the models, textures and animations you see in Eon.

I actualy Model, Animate, Texture, Rig, Uvw, uuhhh.. make world textures and even level design a bit (i did the sunfields map).. and Im working my way up to being an Unrealed master overall :D I guess the next step is scripting or something, hehe.
I know I will keep working my ass off, and I certianly hope the rest of the team does as they have to bring Eon in all it glory to you guys :)

I guess beyond that, Ill probably be posting some cool preview art for you guys here in the forums, maybe AVIs of animations in progress, shots of whatever we think is cool during development and thats about it i guess, we will keep you updated as much as we can without spoiling too much of our next playable public build :).

Narsus

Jun 26, 2004
Great Team

HyPer[Eon] said:
alright :D well
I know I will keep working my ass off, and I certianly hope the rest of the team does as they have to bring Eon in all it glory to you guys :)
QUOTE]

You must have a great team that works together well to be putting this quality of work out. Are you all in-house or do you work from remote?

Narsus

Jun 26, 2004
I think that is incredible - it must be hard to develop such quality - let alone in different locations!

skrubbles

2D/3D artist for EON... and whisperer
Jun 27, 2004
www.skrubbles.net
guess I'll indroduce myself as well. I'm skrubbles... concept artist and modeler on Eon. Most of my stuff wasn't included in the last release so stay tuned for a skrubtascular art dumpage in future releases :) I'm trying to get into other areas such as texturing, but Hyper's really picky so I'll have to practice like mad to get good enough for him... good thing too, because of his pickyness EON will definately be a kick-ass game.

Anyway, I guess that's all there is to tell about me... I'm not overly special (just more then normal people :p) I'm just an art monkey.

Tsylatac

International Seahorse Inseminator
Apr 5, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
beefsack said:
hehe your team seems a lot more art oriented than code oriented :p hows the code coming?
Yo beef ;). I really should get my name switched back to Catalyst at some point... the code is coming along fine, just fine, but if I tell too much samurai said he'd shoot me (with a BIG GUN(tm)). Well, perhaps a sword (can you shoot people with swords? I guess I'd have to ask one of those final fantasy 8 people... anyway). Plus Switch` (the other codery type person thing) would probably, well, switch me off or something.

Also, hello and much salutations, for the end is near! (look, I only just got up, okay? ;) )

EDIT: Maybe I should change my sig a bit. Hrm...

Last edited:

beefsack

the authority in beef
Nov 22, 2002
Canberra, Australia
beefsack.blogspot.com
zzzzomg another db fan?? :eek: this mod is win already. yeah didnt expect to hear much, just something like "nah we have a billion coder monkeys toiling away" or something

ps mao is alsome, no matter how much he sucked

侍くん、日本語で話せるんですか?

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
I think I love all you people already.