Problem with Hosting - Please Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tez

Feb 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I recently installed the "Assassin" gametype just to try it out. After playing it awhile, I decided I did not want to keep it in the game. I deleted all Assassin related files, and it did not show up anymore. But now I have another problem. Whenever I try to host a listen sever, (for LAN play) the game crashes as soon as I start the server. A message pops up saying something about "missing Assasin package" or something like that. Furthermore, if I reinstall Assassin, I can host a server, but everone else on the LAN has to automatically download all the Assassin files from my computer first. I don't actually know if it is all the files, but I know the uax file, and a few others have to be downloaded. This occurs on any gametype, even when it has nothing to do with Assassin. I'm assuming that the problem is in some kind of list that says that my server clients have these certain files. Can anyone help me? I really don't want to have to reinstall the entire game. :(

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Check your UT2004.ini
Under the section [Engine.GameEngine] you have some lines with ServerPackages=. See if there are any lines with the name of the package you are missing.
If you are unsure to remove the lines you can put semicolon in front of the line.

Tez

Feb 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Thanks guys... The ini file thing worked. The BU Forums are great. If I have any question, there are always more than enough guys on here willing to answer it. I'm learning so much about the technical part of UT. Now I know something about server packages. Thanks again.