New Unreal Championship 2 Screenshots, Trailer and Info

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
BeyondUnreal's Chris Lambert attended today's Midway Press Event at which Epic and their new publisher revealed the latest version of the upcoming Unreal Championship 2 for Xbox. Chris will have a full report from the event soon, however for now we have six new screenshots and seven new ultra-high resolution character renders for you to admire. Update: Chris has also published a few snapshots from the event itself, including a picture of the tentative XBox control layout for the game.

View All New UC2 Screenshots

View All UC2 Character Art

View All UC2 Event Photos

Midway also provided a new Unreal Championship 2 trailer for your viewing pleasure. A medium quality version of this new trailer can be downloaded using the link below. We expect to be able to provide a high quality version soon.

Download Unreal Championship 2 Trailer from BeyondUnreal FileWorks

We can also reveal that thanks to the publishing deal between Epic and Midway, some characters from the Mortal Kombat universe will be making a guest appearence in UC2, with players able to unlock these hidden characters by completing the Single Player campaign.

A

Apsalus

Just another reason BU is the first place that I visit everyday for Unreal news.
icon14.gif

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
EvilDrWong said:
UC2 was in the works before Midway could 'mortal kombatorcize' it.

Of all the weapons to give Malcolm... Why'd they pick the spear??

OMFG! adding mortal kombat into Unreal???

/me slams head in door :eek:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Awesome screens there...

Adding the MK stuff in UC 2 eh not a bad idea...kind of nice easter egg for beating the game... its better than just getting the list of credits then back to main menu....

I may buy an XBOX just for this game...

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
I think the addition of characters from Mortal Kombat is sheer genius! Hella bonus for completing the SP mode.

By the way, I want to thank Tim DaRosa and Reilly Brennan from Midway for inviting us out to San Diego for the event, as well as Mark Rein from Epic for introducing us. This is a great start to a good working relationship!

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

TyeFang

Ambassador
/me makes his usual complaint about the video quality. :hmm:

I still don't see any reason why they would spend so much time, money and energy to put together a video and then make it medium quality like that.

I had to convince Atari of this, and now its midway...that video sure does seem similar to the ut2k3 video, which had the same problem but was in mpg..

At least its in windows media now...

You would think after the proven effect & success of higher res video trailers, that they would use them....like Halo 2 or Half Life 2 or etc etc.

The only trailer, for UT2003-UT2004 and Unreal 2 combined, that was released in high res was the UT2004 Vehicles Trailer.... and you know why that is, eh? ;)

/end usual complaint.
ps. I really do hope to see the high quality one soon, because this game looks kickass :tup:

Last edited: