Bulletstorm Demo Arrives

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yes, it is here. If you've been waiting to give Bulletstorm a whirl, head on over to Steam or Games For Windows and give it a shot.

Word from Epic is that the content of the demo is exactly the same as the Xbox/PS3 demo. "This part of the game takes you through the collapsed building, where you're chasing down General Sarrano. It's a location you encounter about halfway through the campaign in the full game."

To find out our take on the game, check out the BeyondUnreal review of Bulletstorm.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Bleh just posted this in the review thread then this pops up :p

It still has all the issues the retail one has. letterboxing, aim assist enabled, encrypted inis etc. Also mouse sens in this game is pathetic. On lowest it's still 3-4 times too high.

As for the game itself. Meh. Didn't find it fun, As long as you complete it you still win, so you can get a score of 5 or 50000.
It took me longer to install and uninstall then it did for me to actually play through it to find out it wasn't fun.
Which really wasn't helped by the fact I couldn't aim with such a high sens :/

And somehow, this runs worse then Anything I've ever played. high settings which don't look all that special compared to Crysis1 or 2 and I get 20FPS :\
I get more in Homefront and that's a recent UE3 game so god knows what they did. I get 10-15FPS in that night&day UDK map..

Ah well, one day they might make another decent game. :lol:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That's surprising. I have a q6600, 4gb ram, radeon 5750 1gb and I can run Bulletstorm on max everything with 60fps (maybe a few random drags) and it looks great. Way better than any other current UE3 game.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I'm trying to figure out if the demo is supposed to be an insult or a joke.

Not only is the mouse sensitivity WAY too high(had slider all the way down, dropped DPI on my mouse and it was still a bit much) but the sens when I scoped with the rifle was twice of unscoped.
What. The. F*ck. Aiming down the sights moves faster than not?

The UI was a bit of a joke as well, in some menus nothing could be triggered/toggled by the mouse
Weapon slots were still held over a bit from console. Right/Left weapon? Unless he starts using the second weapon in his left hand, it isn't Right/Left

And I guess in the future they don't teach people how to jump over knee-high walls, or how to jump at all

Ack, almost forgot... Live asked me for a product key, FOR A DEMO. Yes it didn't gripe when I closed the Live window, but still.

If this is a taste of the full game, I don't get how anyone here that bought it could stand it long enough to finish the game
I'm going back to MNC and BC2, at least those are fun

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah BS runs pretty damn fine on my rig (which isn't really powerful at all, the game works around 30-45 FPS, with many 60 FPS moments). Maybe the demo sucks.
Still playing it though. So much fun :p

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
That's surprising. I have a q6600, 4gb ram, radeon 5750 1gb and I can run Bulletstorm on max everything with 60fps (maybe a few random drags) and it looks great. Way better than any other current UE3 game.

It's not surprising when you read about the problems with this game.

Bleh just posted this in the review thread then this pops up :p

It still has all the issues the retail one has. letterboxing, aim assist enabled, encrypted inis etc. Also mouse sens in this game is pathetic. On lowest it's still 3-4 times too high.

As for the game itself. Meh. Didn't find it fun, As long as you complete it you still win, so you can get a score of 5 or 50000.
It took me longer to install and uninstall then it did for me to actually play through it to find out it wasn't fun.
Which really wasn't helped by the fact I couldn't aim with such a high sens :/

And somehow, this runs worse then Anything I've ever played. high settings which don't look all that special compared to Crysis1 or 2 and I get 20FPS :\
I get more in Homefront and that's a recent UE3 game so god knows what they did. I get 10-15FPS in that night&day UDK map..

Ah well, one day they might make another decent game. :lol:

It's probably the "divisible by 8" resolution bug/feature.
Make sure your game resolution is divisible by 8, and turn off scaling in your control panel, so um, ya know, it doesn't scale.

It's an okay game, but somehow I felt disconnected. Like I was stuck in the back seat of one of those cheap-ass roller coaster "simulators".
It looks like it should be a lot of fun...

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It should have come later, it's too soon now, people have too much interest in this game. :gonk:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well the game is dumb.

It ran surprisingly well on my 8800gt with all settings maxed at 720p(thats right no letterboxing ya babies, I play on my tv:lol:). Fearful to try 1080p as my mouse was kinda laggy during the menu screen at that rez :) It did however for some strange reason when entering certain sections my fps would dip heavily, then go back to normal after a few seconds. An example of this is when you have to go into that crawlspace and it caves in behind you. Went back and forth but could never get it to lower. Must be some sort of level streaming bullcrap.

The skillshots, while kinda neat to pull off, got boring after a while.

Mouse sensitivity is a shame. First turn with my mouse made me go WHOA. Turned it nearly all the way down and it seemed fine after that, but mouse smoothing was apparent.

A sub 20 dollar game for sure, especially hearing that the game is only 4 hours long. Bah on that.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
My main complaint is that the title "Bulletstorm" does not seem to fit. I spend more time kicking and leashing and setting up skillshots and doing all sorts of other crap than actually firing bullets. When I hear a name like bulletstorm I think of running around really quickly firing an LMG. Like in Unreal Tournament or Crucible weapons.

However if given 60$ though I would buy this game over any COD clone/generic war shooter. At least this one tries to be interesting.

RoadKillGrill

Got Lead?
Dec 11, 2004
rahkogen.net
Played it, meh...

It ran and looked better with everything on low than it did on the PS3 (not sating much)

I was getting awful 30fps on the default settings and ~50fps on everything low ( the game didn't look that different either). I think I have a descent PC 460 gtx, 4gb ram, q6700 @3ghz but nah it ran less than desired.

Was hoping that there would be a bit more options in the game, I wanted to have all the guns on separate binds.
I also wanted to rebind Run/Rollover/Slide/*Trip on 2 foot object in my way* to be bind-able to two buttons than using the spacebar for like 4 functions. It breaks the flow badly to hammer or tap hold the spacebar so much was annoying.

Again like GOW roadie run is NOT designed for PC and the whole movement system transfers poorly. A and D become turn keys in roadie-run :mad:

The menus are very much hacked in.

VOLUME CONTROL ON THOSE DAMN LOGO VIDEOS!!!! I run my master volume at 20 and it still hurt my ears on the logo crap vids. Then it popped again at the elevator crash and was painful to hear.

On the good side I beat my PS3 high score by a large margin first try. :lol:

$20 game, steam sale I await you ;)

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yay GFWL issues!

First run... game crashed right after the GFWL overlay popped up.

Tried running it again, no crash but GFWL immediately prompted me for a CD-Key as soon as I logged in. What. Hit the esc key and the prompt disappeared and let me get on to the main menu.

Will play through the actual demo later but I thought this was weird. Not a huge fan of the noticeable stuttering that occurs while GFWL is doing it's initialization business.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I quickly noticed, other than the random box of ammo, there isn't much to explore for.

Though, I must admit, I didn't think of destroying all those glowing butterflies at first glance...
(those things were totally kicking my ass too! Why didn't I shoot back?)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
With a mild amount of exploration and on normal settings I finished the campaign in around 7.5 hours.

That sounds like Crysis 2 on Hard difficulty for me, also with mild amount of exploration.

Is this the time you took a run for reviewing the game? Or just a casual kind of run? Sounds over the top, I finished the SP in 4 hours methinks, not all that long.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It was a run for the review. I'm going by the time Steam says I played the game. But seriously, 4 hours doesn't sound right at all. Did you skip cutscenes or something. ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't think you could finish the game in four hours. There were only two parts of the game that I had to redo, otherwise I essentially did no exploring and just ran straight through and it took me close to 8. Getting that down to 7 might be possible by skipping every single cutscene.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Finally they make a demo for PC and that is a nice choice in my opinion! The game itself is great. I have completed and it's still a lot of fun playing and try different kills. If there was only a better MP...

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
The whole point is getting a high score... like back in the Atari days. it seems like you missed the point.

BTW, the game ran amazingly well for me on the highest settings at 1680x1050 (AA off because I actually prefer not to use it) and I don't really have a top end PC. (ATI RADEON HD 4850, AMD Phenom II X4 3.0gHz quad core)

Last edited: