UE2 - UT2kX detail question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

andynerd

Jul 10, 2008
I was wondering is there anything i can do to say bevel or round or take a chip or dent out of the corners so it looks a little more realistic? I know i should be doing this with static meshes but the only modler i have is blender 3D and all the script plugins to export to .ase make it look small

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 11

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Size doesn't matter. :p

You can scale it up in the UnrealEd. I don't think Unreal 2 has those handy Draw Scale fields in the lower right corner? You should still be able to scale actors by opening their properties, clicking on Display and somewhere there it should say Draw Scale. You can scale the object along its axes by an faktor. So if you need your model 200 times bigger, just type in 200 at every axis.

Apr 11, 2006
You can use more brushes to make edges that are less extreme.

Also, in my opinion, you can add "trim" to the doorway and it'll look significantly better without requiring a more complicated shape.

andynerd

Jul 10, 2008
oh another question are there any restrictions in the educational version of unrealed? because when i try to load custom textures i can't run them in the runtime it always comes up with an error saying it can't load the texture even if it is in the textures file

Skyydragonn

Feb 12, 2008
oh another question are there any restrictions in the educational version of unrealed? because when i try to load custom textures i can't run them in the runtime it always comes up with an error saying it can't load the texture even if it is in the textures file
Yes, there are
before you get to involved i'll save you the same toruble I had when i first started out. Maps made with the Learning edition of Unreal Ed will not play on retail copies of unreal tournament.
I'm assuming you own a copy of "mastering Unreal technology" and this is how you got your copy of the Unreal editor? if so I suggest loving the book graciously. Use the CD tutorials to learn the basics but DO NOT build levels with that version of the editor. You'll really want the retail version for map creation if you plan on releasing them to the public.

andynerd

Jul 10, 2008
Actually i got the education version from the unreal website. I am right now planing on purchasing unreal tournament 3 the only problem is my computer can't handly the game so in a year or two when my lazy butt earns some money i can buy a new computer XD and thanks for the advice