Couple of questions on 2.8/3.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dennyk

Aug 23, 2000
Hi guys, I was just wondering a couple of things about 2.8 and 3.0:

1. How will the "lean" system work? Will you be able to lean around a corner by a varying amount (i.e. using a "Lean" key + mouse movement) or will there just be "Lean Left" and "Lean Right" commands that cause you to lean a fixed amount?

2. With the crouching/prone positions, will you be able to bind a key to drop from a standing position to a prone position, or will you have to cycle through Crouch first? Also, will the Prone position work with a held key like Crouch does now, or will it be a toggle instead (hit key X to lie prone, hit X again to get up)?

3. In the news about some of the missing elements in the initial 2.8 release, you mention "inventory pickup system"...what is that referring to? The Loadout system? Or the ability to selectively raid dead friends or enemies? Will the Loadout system be working in the initial release, even though the weight and bulk system isn't set up yet?

4. In the Roadmap, when talking about aiming, it says that a visible circular reticule will appear when aiming. However, from the posts on the boards, I was under the impression that there would be no visible aiming aid at all, aside from the weapon sights. Which is right? (I know there will at least be an *invisible* circular reticule bounding the possible area your shots will go, as the Roadmap describes... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

5. Will any of the extra game mode classes be available in 2.8, or will those not be here till 3.0? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks,
DennyK AKA LordDeimos

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Not too sure about the first 3 but
4. They will be no reticule at all. You will either have to use the sights on the gun or the scope/aimpoint device if availible.

5. Nope, no extra game types until post 2.8...

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass