Unreal Platinum Petition

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
There is a petition underway for one final Unreal patch.
A new petition went up for the original Unreal game to Epic Games. We want Epic to release a new version of the Unreal game and call it Unreal Platinum (version 227). We want this release to fix the bugs and
exploits in the previous versions of Unreal.

N

[NU]Thedarkone

zynthetic said:
Nothing like beating a dead horse.
Anyone remember 226f?
Yes i sure do but it stelll has a few bugs that need tobe fix i sure do wish they come out with this Unreal Platinum 227 whould mean a hole lot!!

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
here horsey horsey...

damn it...

why doesn't that f#cking beast listen to me..

get over here you damn horse...

here, take this and that...
that'll teach to lay dead when I call for you...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I don't know how often I'll play Unreal, but always nice to have the latest patch!

Wow, just voted in the petition and only saw 5-6 names that I knew from these forums. Did everyone else use their real names? :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Why bother with an Unreal patch when you could as well get the latest UT version (for 10 bucks max.), copy the Unreal maps and music over to the corresponding UT directories, apply patch 451 and go play Unreal online in D3D or OpenGL mode with all the security features of the new UT patch?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I think it's time to let it go for God's sake. Feel free to join us in the present any day now.

N

[NU]Thedarkone

Well i have 12 Unreal servers on my xeon server and I thing everything does good but get errors a lot when playing Just need the 227 Patch and all will be good Please come out with it!

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
I do agree with just using UT (via Oldskool Amp'd if you are lazy :p). Bitching for an Unreal patch is as other have said, beating a dead horse.

Btw, is it just me or does this look like some moron was drunk and decided to randomly make a petition? :p

It doesn't even list the problems or their desires. You basically just said "We want you to fix it so fix it".

N

[NU]Thedarkone

Wormbo said:
Why bother with an Unreal patch when you could as well get the latest UT version (for 10 bucks max.), copy the Unreal maps and music over to the corresponding UT directories, apply patch 451 and go play Unreal online in D3D or OpenGL mode with all the security features of the new UT patch?

I don't want to switch over to UT because everybody I know is playing Unreal and I am too cheap to buy UT.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
my God, UT is like $10. Even UT is going out of date here. [b[it's time to bite the bullet and move on[/b] cause they're not going to support the game forever.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
In a related story, I think Microsoft just posted a security patch for Internet Explorer 3. Might come in handy.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
There is a patch for the dispersion pistol. Was playing it last night. Called Unreal 2. Updates all sorts of nifty stuff....