UE1 - UT alpha classes project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Who wants to become original recruited and makes this small mod?
It should be called the AlphaPackage or so and contend three of the original
UT pawns:
AlphaSkaarij
AlphaTmale2
AlphaXan(fix313!)
They must have 300 health and be selectable as usual about the player
and bot configuration setups. Consider that they shall access the same skin selection.

Edit: The Xan isnt neccesary and also not the new default health!

Last edited:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
If its maybe too difficult to enable the skins thats not so worse.
It should be possible to make new skin files then.

Last edited:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Another important point is that the new classes are thought to alter the basic ones.
This comes very handy with the console command set classname variable value which allows
to change certain classes properties like e.g. the health amount (even beyond respawn!)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I don't quite get what you are trying to do. Do you want monster classes with special abilities? Or do you want just the tournament classes only with 300 health?

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Monsters are too difficult to skin i guess.
But you are right I want the original classes as some kind of monsters with special demon skins.
Since the original classes cant be used for modification (via console command)
because they act as basic troops I need new classes which are the same model
and animations but are a different class.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That should be pretty trivial to make.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Sorry it took so long to respond. But really why making such a class anyway? To me it is just a complete waste, because you see, you can alter playerpawn health, that is if you are admin or offline. "Admin set playerpawn health 900" for example

Also you can just subclass it and choose the basic health yourself, it is really trivial, just make new class in editor under tmale1 or what and then change its health at pawn health, compile change scripts and save package.

Or if you want the command working online without admin and even be different(as in the command will just be sethealth etc), I can provide you with that, so you can change health anytime, but that can be used to cheating online and I fear it can lead to abuse.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
I already tried this admin set playerpawn health 300 with several bot names and skin names
but it only works with the player (me) what I do not want.
I there maybe a certaim way to use this for specified bots?

I will also try this subclassing again although it didnt work when I tried it before.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I already tried this admin set playerpawn health 300 with several bot names and skin names
but it only works with the player (me) what I do not want.
I there maybe a certaim way to use this for specified bots?

I will also try this subclassing again although it didnt work when I tried it before.

You have no idea how these things work, do you? You see, bot is not a playerpawn, bot is under "bot" so you would need to do admin set bot health separately or create a new bot class. You can also do that with any pawn class, or just the female bots, you just need to look up their names in editor.