Thieves Steals Mans House

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/08/01/state0429EDT0032.DTL

Thieves did more than just break into B.J. Miller's tiny 10-by-20-foot rural home and make off with a few precious items -- they made off with the whole house.

Authorities said it probably took at least a day for someone to deconstruct Miller's small prefabricated home near Placerville and take it away, well pump and generator included.

The thieves even took a 2,600-gallon water tank. All that remains now is a tool shed and the pads upon which the house once stood.

"They didn't just steal something. They stole his life," neighbor Kent Walton told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Miller currently lives in Berkeley. The retired engineer was setting up the home over the past few months as a small vacation getaway place for his family.

"The whole thing has been shocking and heartbreaking," Miller said, putting the total loss at about $20,000.

He's put up a few posters with photos of the home, hoping someone will tip him off if the thieves try to sell the goods. But neighbors are still bemused at how it all happened.

"It gets me that they got by me," said Laurel Fulton, a retired nurse and neighbor in the Cosumnes Acres area. "I should have noticed a truck going by with a big house in the back."

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
No you're not, you just said "I am speechless" because if you really were then you'd say something like "..." or just put in a big huge blank.

Anyways, damn clever of them. And it's actually burglars, since thieves steal when you're present, burglars steal when you're not.

EDIT: Actually, I don't really know. Since burglars are only burglars when they steal from your house, and thieves are thieves when you're present while it's being stolen, what does it mean if they steal the HOUSE while you're not there?

Last edited:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
What do you suggest they call it then, House-napping?

I gotta applaud the ingenuity of those thieves though...stealing a whole house takes some planning and skill...it's not something you hear of every day :eek:

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Steal a house.

Hmmm.

Perhaps we should work together and steal us a stadium. There's enough smart people on the boards for us to do it.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
No, let's steal the White House - I want to see the look on Bush's face when he realizes (ok, that might take a while) that somone stole what he stole in the first place! :D

###

I feel realy sorry for the guy. At least it wasn't his real home but only a vacation place.

Scuddie

I am probably better than you.
Sep 29, 2001
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
They stole a house... From Placerville??!! Who the hell would want to steal a house from Placerville for christs sake? I am guessing the thieves were VERY desperate, or VERY high. Good god.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
uuh it really looks like the neighbors didn't do anything to prevent that. maybe the guy was not very popular

No, just very very unobservant. This is not the first time I have heard of this although it doesn't happen very often.

Usually they strip a house and I mean strip. All furniture, fixtures, doors, banisters, hanging lights everything that can be moved. Even fron doors.

Neighbours usually say after words. "Well I thought it was odd they didn't tell us they were moving."

Yes, people can be stupid.