Flag Pack 2 - Sneak Peek

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Odds, team member of Super Glue Studios, the force behind the terrific Flag Pack for Unreal Tournament 2004, left behind a few pics in our forum this morning. Below you'll find a screenshot of the six maps that are apparently planned for a followup for an aptly titled Flag Pack 2.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Flag pack was about gameplay, so this should be too.

FP maps are heavily played on pubs - anfrac2, spider & campercrossings being the main ones. There are others worth playing too, but tend to be a bit 'wrong' in some aspect. As for visuals, fingers crossed.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Bot_40 said:
so, when do we start the graphics vs gameplay flamewar like last time? :p

I'll do it! :D ;)

The Hall of Giants looks too flat on the top route. Plus it's not green enough. And something about the lighting of the base at the end looks funky. To bright or something. Bah well, as long as it still has low gravity and those tubes we all love. :)

But enough nit-picking. Can't wait to play them all. Hopefully they'll all have great gameplay.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
FP2? Nice! But hope it shows up faster than the first one...

The FlagPack maps are the only custom CTF maps worth playing other than CBP Pistola and Betrayal. Zittarion looks to be very nice, can't wait to see it :)

E

ent..

Selerox said:
The FlagPack maps are the only custom CTF maps worth playing other than CBP Pistola and Betrayal. Zittarion looks to be very nice, can't wait to see it :)

CTF-Switchback-PRO2
CTF-Drunklet-PRO2
CTF-Access-CB
CTF-Rankin
CTF-Lavafury
CTF-Orbital2-PRO
CTF-Gauss2
CTF-Deepsprinta-PRO
CTF-Sulphur-PRO and PRO2
CTF-Twintombs-PRO

and tbfh Betrayal is boring.

[Ontopic]
Flagpack 2 isnt gonna be better then Flagpack1, i dont expect it to even come near it tbh... HallofGiants and Gauntlet, i dont expect anything of them both. HallofGiants can be a nice publics map, but Gauntlet doesnt work with UT2k4 movement. In my opinion all Gauntlet remakes just destroy the good memory's ppl had of this map in UT99 time.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
But let's not start the NW > IG debate again, it's one-sided anyway...

ent.. said:
CTF-Switchback-PRO2
CTF-Drunklet-PRO2
CTF-Access-CB
CTF-Rankin
CTF-Lavafury
CTF-Orbital2-PRO
CTF-Gauss2
CTF-Deepsprinta-PRO
CTF-Sulphur-PRO and PRO2
CTF-Twintombs-PRO

Those appear to be maps used in instagib. I'm talking proper gametypes here. I've had to play Deepsprinta in a nwCTF Cup match, and it's so bad it defies description.

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
If you're remaking HallOfGiants (one of my favourites) you need to make sure you use the appropriate tune.
It's "Nether" and if you don't have the original file you can get it from the UTMusic zip here on BU @ http://official.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/official/ut/utmusic.zip

Plus as others have already stated it needs to be greener and it wasn't that flat at the ends where the flags were.

Fingers crossed.

[edit]Crap, was it Nether or Foregone - someone help me out here

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
The first Flag Pack was awesome, I loved all of the CTF maps, so I can't wait to check out this new pack (any estimate on a release date???).
I played a Jailbreak coversion of the Gauntlet remake that is going to be included on the pack and it's a lot of fun.

Last edited:
B

blank....

Selerox said:
Those appear to be maps used in instagib. I'm talking proper gametypes here. I've had to play Deepsprinta in a nwCTF Cup match, and it's so bad it defies description.

God what the hell are you smoking.
The pro maps are the only league maps appropriate for ut2004.
Weapons and instagib.