Bio-Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hot or Not?

• I`m loving it because I do know how to use it

Votes: 64 70.3%
  • I like it but I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I don`t like it because I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I hate it even I do know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Personally it`s not really one of my favorite weapons but it`s pretty good for defending purposes in some areas. In a recent LAN-session we managed to defend our flagcarrier with a shieldgun and a biorifle, the shield gun helped a lot while I spammed the floor and walls behind us with that disgusting stuff. Our followers had no other chance to die or to stop the raid.
It`s also funny if you let the stuff rain down on a opponent beneath you (alternate fire is here more fun ;))

Else I only use it when I have to, I always try to use the weapons making more fun

What do you think? Hot or not?

dc

Aug 17, 2005
It's a horribly overpowered noobmaster piece of spammy **** and nobody with half a brain or a decent amount of skill will use it for anything other than desparation - hence why people used to call it the desparation cannon.

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
dc- said:
It's a horribly overpowered noobmaster piece of spammy **** and nobody with half a brain or a decent amount of skill will use it for anything other than desparation - hence why people used to call it the desparation cannon.

So I suppose youve been owned by it a few times? Seriously I use any gun I want. I dont care about people going on about spam and the amount of skill you need for a certain gun. If the bio-rifle is the perfect gun for a given situation, then why not use it?

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
dc- said:
I think a player being able to kill others with every weapon have definitaly advantages. The Bio-rifle is useless in many situations but I try to use the appropiate weapon for each situation. And in some situations the biofrifle is really not bad.
If a "n00b" is spamming with it, it`s not as hard to avoid it and frag him.
I also often use the gun to make some areas temporarly impossible to pass without serious damage and finish the weakend opponent with another gun ;)

SlipStreams_65 said:
....If the bio-rifle is the perfect gun for a given situation, then why not use it?
:tup:

howlatnight

Jan 8, 2006
Bio + water = worthless, dont spam bio into the water on arlon, it takes for ever to burst, and when it does, unless its stuck to a wall will do no damage.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Olga said:
Bio-rifle spam must mean launching it at the opponents feet, which is actually how you're supposed to use it in the first place. :|
I define it with launching it on the floor, the walls, everywhere possible to give your opponents no chance to pass without damage. I don`t try to do this with the areas the enemy currently is, I try to spam the areas he could go next to make avoidance much more difficult ;)
Ok, in some cases I shot a bulb at the direction of my enemy to bring him in right position :p

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
I like, never use primary fire with the Bio :/ I should learn how to use it... I discovered it has the same trajectory as Flak secondary, so it should be easy to get the hang of

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It's never really perfect though. For any situation there's another gun that will out-perform the bio. Dan's not too far off with his assessment, really, though it may be a tad harsh. The general concensus is you use bio when you have no other option or when you're trying to knock off tons of health with a... dun dun dun... shot made out of desperation. Is it spam all the time? No, but like the link primary, most of the time it is used as such when you're really reaching for a frag.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Linten said:
I like, never use primary fire with the Bio :/ I should learn how to use it... I discovered it has the same trajectory as Flak secondary, so it should be easy to get the hang of
I practiced it in Eternal Caves during holy UT days. The remake for UT2004 is also not bad for this purpose

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I like it. It's especially satisfying just launching a blob at a weapon/power pickup and people *still* run into it.

This goes especially for the bio in rankin since it's 3 steps away from the catwalk above the shock rifle, or 2 steps away from the 100a. I've gotten many a cheap kills that way :D

dc

Aug 17, 2005
SlipStreams_65 said:
If the bio-rifle is the perfect gun for a given situation, then why not use it?
But the thing is, it NEVER is. Ever. Don't even bother arguing because you're wrong.

PS: I've never been owned by anything ever.

MäxX said:
I also often use the gun to make some areas temporarly impossible to pass without serious damage and finish the weakend opponent with another gun ;)
If you actually think that is going to work against anyone that knows what they're doing, you're pretty far off. I can either get past or clear your stupid bio without taking any damage at all. Sorry but your strategy is seriously flawed :[

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
dc- said:
If you actually think that is going to work against anyone that knows what they're doing, you're pretty far off. I can either get past or clear your stupid bio without taking any damage at all. Sorry but your strategy is seriously flawed :[
It worked pretty well so far, allthough I can`t say it works against each opponent. There is no tactic working against each player IMHO
In some cases it doesn`t need to make any damage at all, it`s just to bring the opponent in right position ;)

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I really don't think it would have any effect at all on a lot of players. Really all you need to do is either wall dodge over it or shoot a rocket at it and you're home free. Don't even have to stop moving or change your path much at all.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
dc- said:
I really don't think it would have any effect at all on a lot of players. Really all you need to do is either wall dodge over it or shoot a rocket at it and you're home free. Don't even have to stop moving or change your path much at all.
For walldodgers I can spam one side of the wall, if he dodges I know on which side he is able to do it, if he has a rl and can destroy it I simply switch to another weapon.
It really depends on the situation and the player you are playing against. If there are more enemies behind you it is more effective of course.
I won`t say it`ll work against most of the players or I`m only using this tactic for biorifle actions ;)
But it`s really funny sometimes

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
dc- said:

Making you walldodge is a pretty powerful advantage in itself tho, isn't it?

If I'm doing the hitscan dance on open ground, I'll often get out my bio and fire off a few globs just because it makes them move a lot more predictably. I find that it's one notch more useful for it than flak and RL.

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
dc- said:
Don't even bother arguing because you're wrong. :[

Thats the best counter-argument Ive ever heard. It really motivated me to stop arguing because somehow you can telepathically tell me that Im wrong.

Bio primary is pretty useless. But a fully charged blob is a serious threat. Especially if you can cover a narrow corridor with it. Being an ONS player I can tell you the bio takes down node very quickly, thus making it not entirely useless. Its not my first weapon of choice at close range, but its great for narrow corridors and lifts.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
dan is so pro he must be right... ok

I love that gun because it's so damn powerfull alt fire. Only thing that bothers me is its redicilously large splash damage area, not good when up close and personal.