Is it so hard ....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
to see who is on your team and who's the enemy.
I know that the skins look mostly all the same.
Most of the skins are green...
But the only one I TK'ed ran out of a door and I got scared...
Especially on Kosovo people konstantly shoot me. Am I to fast for them or what ? Just because I am on enemy ground does not mean I am the enemy. Even snipers seem to have eye problems.

Is it really so hard ?

seal.jpg

Party's over ! *grin*

Snirpfel

Dec 16, 2000
Kosovo

I've had that problem on Kosovo too. Whenever I rush to cover the left or right tunnel-like structures, someone on my team shoots at me. It's quite disturbing.

snirp3.gif

K

Krieg

Part of the problem seems to be with target identification. At close range it will pop-up the other persons name color coded by team (most of the time:). At long range that doesn't happen.

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
I now it isnt very easy, but if I am not sure I do not shot first and ask questions later.
Instead I try and get closer without beeing noticed or with enough cover so if he is the enemy he will shoot me.

seal.jpg

Party's over ! *grin*

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
The problem with that is if you meet the other guy head up. 50% of the time, it'll be your teammate, which is good, and 50% of the time, it'll be the enemy, and that pause will probably give them just enough time to kill you.

INF3.gif

T

Trak

The thing that gives me problems the most ( besides Kosovo Jitters ) is getting switched over to a new team to maintain team balance when a few people leave the server. I *know* that is my new team skin, but when I see my once enemy, now ally pop into veiw it seems that skin can still be wired to the 'kill' part of my brain. I am getting better about it, but in tense moments it can be tough.

ovw

Oct 18, 2000
Central Florida
patterns

THAT is biological, as a species one of our best skills is pattern recognition. We are VERY good at it. Its one of the skills that makes us very good hunters despite the fact that our background is predominately frugivory (fruit eating), which of course, is probably where we developed this skill, fruits ripen at different times so you must return to different places at different seasons to get food. Also as with most creatures we are creatures of habit, how many times do you find yourself running (crouching) to the same spot on the same map over and over again. Habits are patterned as well ask anyone who has or is trying to quit smoking. The point is yes, changing sides can be perty darned tricky. One game where I got some of the highest tks I have yet managed (very embarassing, I left). WE were 'red' but wore blue (the camo) I KNEW the bad guys were blue TEAM, but i still kept shooting blue clad teammates. What at mess.

OVW

Razorflower

It hurts.
Oct 6, 2000
Snirp...

Welcome to Infiltration man. I read your posts on the SF message board. Thanks for sticking up for the mod!

Razorflower

C

crash*

Dunno what it is about Kosovo, but I get far more TKs there than any other map. maybe some kind of wierd reality vibe....

I do know that if I suddenly hear the crunch crunch of someone sneaking up behind me, turn and shoot is all one motion.

I'll send a nice note to your next of kin.
icon_eek.gif

sig-1.jpg

Tommy Atkins

Older, but no wiser
Mar 17, 2001
UK
Damn- why didn't I read this last night?

OVW:
"THAT is biological, as a species one of our best skills is pattern recognition. We are VERY good at it. "
I could have so done with that excuse (serious)- last night I turned into a TK'ing pumpkin after midnight GMT.

BTW- apologies to anyone on the GI servers last night (about 60 of you, it felt like) who I TK'ed. It wasn't me, it was my hardwired biological response :)

Don 't blame me- I didn't do it