UE2 - UT2kX Video tutorials about UE1/UE2 mapping

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vinny2

Oct 17, 2011
I'm looking for some video tutorials showing some nice brushwork, instead of static mesh usage as in modern games. Any good links, guys? If you just have text tutorials, no problem!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
There are many good tutorials on this, provided you dare mastering the additional challenge of reading them. ;)
Brushwork is mostly identical in Unreal, UT and UT200x, except that in Unreal/UT there were no StaticMeshes, so mappers had to come up with more complex brushwork. MApping tutorials for those old games will show you how to use the same tools that still exist in UnrealEd 3, but they almost exclusively exist in written form.

Vinny2

Oct 17, 2011
I'm just looking for good ones. The most tuts i found are either incomplete or are full of broken links and images.