Mark Rein On UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
How can you disagree that UT3 is more moddable? In terms of the editor at least it gives a ton more creative freedom than ever before.

re-read the quote :
{Ogre}Spin View Post
I'm a modder of some years experience and can honestly say that complaints that ut3 is somehow less moddable than previous iterations is utter nonsense.

got it now ?

EdWinchester

Feb 1, 2008
I'm a modder of some years experience and can honestly say that complaints that ut3 is somehow less moddable than previous iterations is utter nonsense. There are limitations on what you can do with modding for PS3 sure, but that is down to console hardware/software limitations and does NOT affect modding for PC.

Am sorry but I have to disagree, having played around with ut/ut2k4 and now ut3 i find ut3 worse than ut2k4. Now ut3 might become better over time, but for the present it isent better.

Sure the code is the same with some improvements, but the entire structure, documentation just for basic stuff is lacking. The entire cooking/published/unpublished stuff is messy and unneeded and could be solved by making a proper tool. It simply wasent prepared for release or for correct structure.

Now I can understand mappers and non scripters loves Kismet, but face it at the end of the day you could code your own 'kismet' on ut2k4 and several did.. its just events and triggers made graphical.

MSUC this time around will be purely a showcase of ut3 engine, there wont be players for it and soon there isent a need for a msuc, because the engine is licenced by 'all'. Check the player count on any stats, no one is playing it and no one will. Now i dont have any trouble with the game, i bought it to mod, but i already find myself saying, nah i find something else.

Check the modlist there isent that much activity and see epics reply to the mail about configuration of keyboards not to be stored with your login... end reply was : make several logins and "In any case, this isn't a topic for this mailing list. Feel free to bring it up on the forums." Why do you have to store your keyboard remote..

Next they said one could make mods for consoles, but from limitations presented after you purchased the game why would you bother unless you make a mutator that just changes viewport. So you have something you can mod where there is no PC players or mod something for more console players but cant really modify.. thats a big problem. I guess it isent for those who want some cash from msuc and do a production for 2 years to make something nobody plays and just drop it when there is no more money in it.. like so many on ut2k4, but hey if thats their goal good for them, but it aint for me.

To hear steve polge praise the AI in an earlier posted news on this forum is laughable.

Alot of promises but not alot of it got delivered, but i still fiddle with it, but not as much i would like to.