Advanced Assault questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
OK, my assault map is just about to be completed, but of course, I've run into a few snags. None of which are critical, I can always work around them, but they would help my original vision. Damn me for putting path nodes in last! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

The problems come in with bots. I can't seem to get a bot to touch a mover which triggers a FortStandard. The NearestPathNode is set, the FortStandard WILL be triggered if the mover is touched, but the bot just runs up to the path node and then stands there. I feel like I'm missing something... hmm, as I think about it, the mover is a button on a wall. Do I need to put in some sort of additional trigger, like you would for elevatormovers?

And of course, the NEXT FortStandard is one that needs to be shot. I currently have it set up as two movers which, when shot, trigger a counter which triggers the gate and FortStandard. I know this will never work with bots and I set it up this way because I couldn't seem to get the standard "shoot at me" FortStandard to work; if I did, I set this up as two FortStandards to be shot instead of two movers. I'll scratch the way I have it currently set up if I can get the FortStandards to operate when a projectile enteres their collision radius. I haven't had much luck with it though. Has anyone had this problem and learned how to solve it?

------------------
Maps: http://www.clock.org/~psarris/levels

Sadly, the heavens have opened, and I'm alone, Sweet Charity...

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
>>The problems come in with bots. I can't seem to get a bot to touch a mover which triggers a FortStandard. The NearestPathNode is set, the FortStandard WILL be triggered if the mover is touched, but the bot just runs up to the path node and then stands there. I feel like I'm missing something... hmm, as I think about it, the mover is a button on a wall. Do I need to put in some sort of additional trigger, like you would for elevatormovers?<<

Instead of having the Mover activate the FortStandard, do it the other way around and place the FortStandard at the path node. Then let the FortStandard activate Mover like in AS-Rook's first FortStandard.

>>And of course, the NEXT FortStandard is one that needs to be shot. I currently have it set up as two movers which, when shot, trigger a counter which triggers the gate and FortStandard. I know this will never work with bots and I set it up this way because I couldn't seem to get the standard "shoot at me" FortStandard to work; if I did, I set this up as two FortStandards to be shot instead of two movers. I'll scratch the way I have it currently set up if I can get the FortStandards to operate when a projectile enteres their collision radius. I haven't had much luck with it though. Has anyone had this problem and learned how to solve it?<<

Not sure but I'm not about to let this one die on ya yet. Then again try thinking of away around it, maybe TeamTriggers that need to be shot instead.

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
Yes, I figured the solution to the first half in the meantime... give the illusion of the button being pressed, while it's actually hte fortstandard being triggered.

I'm about to go work on the second one now, I'll report if I find a solution... of course I will! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
OK, nevermind... I changed a few things are now the bots are happy to finish the map all by themselves!

I had to change around a lot of my trigger sequences, and did not actually find a solution to the "push button" method, the bots seem to enjoy shooting at the trigger, so hey, if that's what they want to do, I can adapt... the other problem is that you can't have the fort *too* high off the ground, or the bots won't see it. Worked good for players, but bad for bots, so I just had to change a bit o' geometry to keep the cybermen happily shooting.

Just about done! /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

bullet2.gif

Maps: http://www.clock.org/~psarris/levels

Sadly, the heavens have opened, and I'm alone, Sweet Charity...