Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Isn't that what people are already doing?
Craw runs, Farmory, etc
People are already going back to the same area over and over trying to get good stuff

People are going back to those areas because they are exploitable.

I found 2 pearlescents just by farming Knoxx's armory by way of falling through the floor.

Gearbox won't fix it because something about the 360's way of patching, can't quite remember. So yes thank the consoles for giving us unlimited nummies.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
True enough, but the farming examples you mention give immediate results. A crafting system would most likely add more steps to the process.
Depends on how they implement it. I kinda doubt they'll put a crafting/smithing system in, but it'd be nice

People are going back to those areas because they are exploitable.

I found 2 pearlescents just by farming Knoxx's armory by way of falling through the floor.
Eh, I don't see Craw as really exploitable unless you're referring to the one spot you can stand and Craw won't attack
Armory tho, oh yea, easily exploitable

Last edited:

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/08/borderlands-2-will-have-all-new-playable-characters-and-weapons/
Gearbox have also decided to scrap all of the weapons from Borderlands 1.
wat

It also looks like we're on Pandora again. With the news about Gearbox trademarking Borderworlds I was kinda hoping that the sequel would feature planets you could travel between. Then again, if that were the case it'd probably just be an ice world, lava world, and jungle world with Pandora filling the role of the desert world.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Meh, another "singleplayer" game that will be mind-numbingly boring unless played online. I'll pass.

(Yes, I did play Borderlands. Yes, it bored me to tears after a couple of hours.)
That's because they made Borderlands with the EXPRESS INTENT of just focusing on online and co-op play. The game pretty much screamed at you to get at least one other person to play with.

And as to the second Borderlands, I think Gamespot's article here would do this thread great justice.

http://www.gamespot.com/borderlands...011-borderlands-2-first-look-preview-6329613/

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I really enjoyed Borderlands. I played maybe half to three quarters of the game with another person, though. Co-op is awesome. I really don't mind when games are geared towards it.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
So I just picked up the original, having ignored it for this long. Decent game, but hardly the game this thread makes it out to be.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Like they say, if you play alone it's really boring. It is much less so in coop.
However it is something that I hope is addressed in the second game.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
So I just picked up the original, having ignored it for this long. Decent game, but hardly the game this thread makes it out to be.

Either you aren't a fan of the genre or were expecting something different going in. How far have you played and are you doing it solo or with friends?

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Not really much of either. I'm heading into Janistown, so I have spent some time with it. I am playing it solo, and haven't had to much trouble getting thru it.

However, I've had a couple of instances where I died only to find enemies respawned at the save point. In those instances you have to quit the game. Of course, quitting means starting the level over and respawning means $$ spent. You'd think they could have added an exception that the active spawn points gets a radius where enemies don't spawn, but whatever...

I'm sure its intended to be a coop game, and I don't mind the extra difficulty. In fact I appreciate it because too many sp games last 2 weeks on their hardest difficulty. But cmon, spawn killing in a sp game?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'm sure its intended to be a coop game

I played it solo for about two hours before I put it down. It simply isn't very good as a SP game. Coop, however, it is fucking awesome. It is really the only worthwhile way to play the game. Sure, that's kind of a flaw on Gearbox's part, but it is well worth it.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I really enjoyed Borderlands. I played maybe half to three quarters of the game with another person, though. Co-op is awesome. I really don't mind when games are geared towards it.
I've barely done more than 10% of the game in co-op, the rest was all in SP mode for the main plot and the DLC's.

The one time I did try and do full co-op was for my first play through of the Claptrap DLC and Haarg joined as a level 69 but me and the game were at level 35 or so. He pretty much did a speed run that kept him so far ahead of me and everyone else that he basically one-shotted and killed every boss before I could even get halfway there. I literally didn't see any of the mini-bosses because they were all dead before I could catch up and the final fight lasted about 20 seconds and that sort of soured any interest in future co-op sessions for me. So I've tended to stick with SP even in games that are geared towards co-op.

Yeah I probably shouldn't let one thing stop me from doing co-op, but meh.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
I've barely done more than 10% of the game in co-op, the rest was all in SP mode for the main plot and the DLC's.

The one time I did try and do full co-op was for my first play through of the Claptrap DLC and Haarg joined as a level 69 but me and the game were at level 35 or so. He pretty much did a speed run that kept him so far ahead of me and everyone else that he basically one-shotted and killed every boss before I could even get halfway there. I literally didn't see any of the mini-bosses because they were all dead before I could catch up and the final fight lasted about 20 seconds and that sort of soured any interest in future co-op sessions for me. So I've tended to stick with SP even in games that are geared towards co-op.

Yeah I probably shouldn't let one thing stop me from doing co-op, but meh.

haarg is a poopy. me you and oh i dont know endo or maybe the poopman should play new characters or something.