List all Unreal Engine game titles!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
So far announced UE3 games.

# All Points Bulletin — Real Time Worlds
# America's Army v3.0 — U.S. Army
# America's Army: Real Heroes — (PS3 and Xbox 360) — U.S. Army
# Assassin's Creed — Ubisoft
# Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway — Gearbox Software
# Endless Saga — Webzen Games Inc.
# Elveon — 10Tacle
# Frame City Killer — Namco
# Gears of War — (2006) Epic Games
# Huxley — Webzen Games Inc.
# Indiana Jones — LucasArts
# Lineage III — NC Soft
# Lost Odyssey — Mist Walker / Feel Plus
# Magna Carta 2 — Softmax
# Marble Comics Online — Sigil Games Online
# Mass Effect — BioWare
# Project IM — (unknown) Zero Point Software
# Project New Jersey — Obsidian Entertainment
# Roboblitz — Naked Sky Entertainment
# Section 8— Timegate Studios
# Stranglehold — Tiger Hill Entertainment
# Swat 5 — VUG
# Tom Clancy's Firehawk — Ubisoft
# Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas(PS3, Xbox 360 version) — Ubisoft
# Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 5(PC version) — Ubisoft
# Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 5 — Ubisoft
# Too Human — Silicon Knights
# New Turok (placeholder title) — Buena Vista Games
# Unreal Tournament 2007 — Epic Games
# Vanguard: second expansion pak — Sigil Games Online

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Btw Tactical Ops, the reatail version has much more stuff etc, free is only that demo as a mod, but not whole game I think.

I have the game although not installed right now.

Btw who said Daikatana? Daikatana used highly modified Q2 engine (firstly q1 engine in 1997 then they moved to the latter).

Although for a sequel they planned to use unreal engine, but sequel was never made.

Last edited:

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008

Quote:
# All Points Bulletin — Real Time Worlds
# America's Army v3.0 — U.S. Army
# America's Army: Real Heroes — (PS3 and Xbox 360) — U.S. Army
# Assassin's Creed — Ubisoft
# Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway — Gearbox Software
# Endless Saga — Webzen Games Inc.
# Elveon — 10Tacle
# Frame City Killer — Namco
# Gears of War — (2006) Epic Games
# Huxley — Webzen Games Inc.
# Indiana Jones — LucasArts
# Lineage III — NC Soft
# Lost Odyssey — Mist Walker / Feel Plus
# Magna Carta 2 — Softmax
# Marble Comics Online — Sigil Games Online
# Mass Effect — BioWare
# Project IM — (unknown) Zero Point Software
# Project New Jersey — Obsidian Entertainment
# Roboblitz — Naked Sky Entertainment
# Section 8— Timegate Studios
# Stranglehold — Tiger Hill Entertainment
# Swat 5 — VUG
# Tom Clancy's Firehawk — Ubisoft
# Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas(PS3, Xbox 360 version) — Ubisoft
# Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 5(PC version) — Ubisoft
# Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 5 — Ubisoft

# Too Human — Silicon Knights
# New Turok (placeholder title) — Buena Vista Games
# Unreal Tournament 2007 — Epic Games
# Vanguard: second expansion pak — Sigil Games Online
A prefer when it comes from a valuable source.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Too Human is definitely NOT a UE3 powered title. I have read on Wiki that the MK vs DC game is using UE3 but no other article I have seen confirms this. The Marvel game has been scrapped so no Marvel game as of yet either planned or in existence uses the UE3.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
R6 Vegas isn't using UE3 and wikipedia isn't a great valuable source because right now I could just modify it. For General Information wiki is cool, if you want specific info go ask the dev yourself and meet them.

Plus, if you do care about "who bought UE3 licenses", Ubisoft isn't on Epic Games main page so they still have 2.5.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/articles/unreal-engine-licensees/ <-- I'm managing this list mostly. All but one or two have been verified 100% legitimate Unreal Engine. It is missing a lot of UE3 titles though.

On the Epic Games website:
Silicon Knights to Exclusively Use Unreal Engine 3 - May 10th, 2005
In a story broken by IGN.com it was announced today that Unreal Engine 3 will be used exclusively in all next-generation games developed by Silicon Knights, "creators of award winning titles such as Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes". Silicon Knights says that "Unreal Engine 3 is by far the best technology for next generation systems". IGN, one of the world's top gaming sites says that "The Unreal Engine 3 has quickly surpassed RenderWare and other similar technologies as the most sought after backbone for next-generation games". Click here to read the actual press release.

And recently on IGN

New Details Emerge in Silicon Knights vs. Epic
How expensive is Unreal Engine 3? If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.
by Ryan Geddes

New Details Emerge in Silicon Knights vs. Epic
How expensive is Unreal Engine 3? If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.
by Ryan Geddes

January 25, 2008 - Silicon Knights' legal case against Epic Games continues to plow through the courts, flinging up all sorts of interesting info in its wake.

Referring to legal documents, the gaming business web site Gamasutra reports today that the Too Human developer paid Epic $750,000 for the right to use Unreal Engine 3, the high-tech 3D codebase Silicon Knights now accuses Epic of under-delivering on.

The ubiquitous engine's price tag came to light as part of a protective court order SK recently sought to prevent Epic from combing through its Too Human code. Confused yet? Let's back up.

Back in July, SK announced it was suing Epic because UE3 did not work as Epic represented it would and that "Epic has been unable or unwilling" to fix the problems with the engine. SK president Denis Dyack also accused Epic of selling its unfinished middleware to developers and using those companies' licensing fees to fund Gears of War - at the expense of fixing Unreal Engine 3's alleged problems.

Along the way unrelated UE3 licensees have been swept up in the case, according to ShackNews, with multiple developers receiving subpoenas from the court to share details of their contracts with Epic.

While it struggled with UE3, SK has said it worked to develop its own solutions to software engineering problems in Too Human, inventing a new 3D camera system along the way. That new system, according to court documents cited by Gamasutra, is soon to be patented.

Hence SK's reluctance to let Epic CEO Tim Sweeney crack open its Too Human code and poke around (Sweeney's no corporate suit - he's a hardcore programmer who wrote the original Unreal engine).

"Epic has not demonstrated any reason," Gamasutra quotes SK's court document as saying, "why the more common method of analysis of proprietary information - the use of outside experts - will not be sufficient in this action."

The judge in the case agreed and told Epic it must reveal the identities of its employees who were requesting to view the code, along with affidavits that would help the court decide if those peoples' involvement would put SK at a competitive disadvantage.

Neither side appears to be budging in the case – Epic has repeatedly stood by its engine in comments to IGN and other gaming publications, and Silicon Knights' Dyack has shown no public signs of backing off his allegations.

Last edited:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Then why is EVERYONE and their mother under the impression that R6V was made using the UE3? Every publication says it is and I said even Mark Rein said so ... now I have never heard otherwise from anyone and if Ubi was telling all these writers they were wrong and have to detract that info that in itself would have been a huge news story.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Then why is EVERYONE and their mother under the impression that R6V was made using the UE3? Every publication says it is and I said even Mark Rein said so ... now I have never heard otherwise from anyone and if Ubi was telling all these writers they were wrong and have to detract that info that in itself would have been a huge news story.
Is it a bad thing to give the impression that a game is build on a better version than 2.5? No, so they won't retract it until you ask them. :lol:

Plus, if it's a heavily modified version... it could in other terms equal UE3 so it's a matter of perspective, the only true thing is... it wouldn't be called UE3.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have Rainbow Six: Vegas and it is definitely UE3. If it's different at all, it's a transitional game and not a UE2.5 game.

Epic does not list every company that licenses the engine. Part of the problem with making a list like this is that only about 40% of the games that use Unreal Engine of ANY version are announced as using UE.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
I have Rainbow Six: Vegas and it is definitely UE3. If it's different at all, it's a transitional game and not a UE2.5 game.

Epic does not list every company that licenses the engine. Part of the problem with making a list like this is that only about 40% of the games that use Unreal Engine of ANY version are announced as using UE.
If you haven't see the other R6 thread, you should because even if you have the game will will definately need to show us an image of your proff it's using UE3 because the only thing that I know about Vegas related to Unreal Engine is the Unreal Technologies Logo that ISN'T for UE3

Last edited: