The Bugs I Found...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
I would like to get straight to the point; check out the list of bugs I found after playing in the BBF server for 5 hours straight tonight.

1. The infamous "cannot respawn" bug is probably among the most popular; we have found a way to work around this by press F4 and rejoining or switching teams. This can be incredibly discouraging from the newcomers, and annoying for the veterans and avid players.

2. The second most infamous bug is probably the "weird weapon switching" bug, where the weapon switching seems to be too slow, and when you try to switch weapons during reload, it does not switch at all, even though you can still see the weapon names switching.

3. I only played the ranger class so far, but the grenade launcher is virtually useless, especially on moving players and vehicles at the rate of fire it is at now; it is only good for getting rid of deployables and smoke cover.

4. This one right here is weird; like, I was on fire when I died, and when I respawned, I was still on fire and lost some health. I noticed the same thing when reviving someone who died by gas, and he got back up and gas suddenly appeared around him, hurting him and me for a short moment.

5. The female ranger model is great; the thing that bothers me most is not only the fake sounding voice, but her breasts and ass are not big enough! Well, that is not really a bug, but you know, "fixing" it and making it look more anatomically correct or whatever improvement you can think of would be a plus. ;) Anyways, a good female voice actor would be nice, and the size of the female model in comparison to the male model seems a little weird, but it could be just me not being used to seeing a model smaller than the ranger.

6. When playing the female ranger model, for some reason, I suddenly say random voice messages, like one time I killed someone, and I suddenly said, "All clear," and stuff; weird.

7. The primary shock lance fire does absolutely no damage to deployables; I think it does damage to players, but I did not take the time to try that out. Anyways, the secondary shock lance fire does a good amount of damage. Also, regarding the secondary fire, sometimes it lags for some reason. I would shoot one out and it would take a couple of seconds to actually come out; not only that, but when I fire it and it does not come out, I turn away and face a wall, and then it comes out, hurting me. :( I have no idea if it is connection or lag related, though.

These are just a couple of things I found, so if anyone would like to add on or elaborate on some of the ones I mentioned, that would be cool. Like I already said before, you guys have done wonders with this game so far, and I had a blast today playing it for so long!

When do you all think the female models for the other classes will be available, as well as the other maps that appeared in screenshots but not in the game yet?

Last edited:

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
Here is more that I forgot to add in; nothing much of a big deal, but some things that could help polish the game better.

1. When a player is waiting for revival, the player looks like he or she is standing in the air, doing something that looks like "bunny hopping." I think it would be better if the waiting player is actually laying on the floor with an animation similar to how it was in U2XMP; it makes identifying living or dead players much easier.

2. Sometimes when killed, instead of playing the death animation, I end up in a laying position, as if the animation jumped to the last frame instantly.

3. I noticed that when fighting a dodging ranger, the animation seems to be offset; like, when he dodges and lands on the ground, the animation looks like as though he is still moving to the side quickly, even though he has already finished the dodge.

4. There is something weird in Sunset Beach; the two energy sources on the beach have a problem. You know those blink green grids that appear when you get close to them, letting you know it is hackable? Well, the grids on them look like they are outlining an energy source twice its size, when the actual energy source itself is smaller. It is kind of hard to describe, so maybe sometime I will upload a visual. It could just be me. o.o

5. Correction on the grenade launcher; I often find myself not being able to use it at all; like, the first round I fire would work, then after that, I shoot, but nothing comes out. -_-

6. When I watch someone hacking something, the hack beam sometimes appears backwards, kind of like how it was in patch 1a.

Last edited:

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
aeqos38/5 said:
hahaha... Stoneblind, you horny bastard, you! Not that I don't agree with ya... yay for more tits and ass! :D

I was quite surprised they weren't, 'cause you know how games are nowadays; but little do you all know that enlarging them's all 'part of my big plan. Imagine how many times players would stop to stare just for a quick second, which is all that I need, noticing that the ranger aiming at him looks sexily peculiar, then suddenly, just before he recognizes that I am the enemy, "Boom! Headshot!" Then when he's waiting to spawn, (probably experiencing the spawn bug as well) he'll just say to himself, "I knew it was a chick, but didn't know she was carrying a gun!" :D

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Also - when I played with bots sometimes when they were distracted from hacking they ran around with that green hacking beam bursting towards them until they're dead.

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
Stoneblind said:
5. The female ranger model is great; the thing that bothers me most is not only the fake sounding voice, but her breasts and ass are not big enough!

Shes not supposed to be black.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I'm going to pretend the last 4 posts or so never happened and get back on topic: bugs.

Here's one I don't think has been mentioned in the forums, although it was talked about briefly ingame one night when I complained: A lot of the time a person's location is given as [Spectating], instead of their actual position. For instance:
[Spectating] I've got an artifact!,
or really annoying:
[Spectating] Incoming!
Incoming from where??? :mad:
Someone ingame said it was because the mappers didn't code locations or something along those lines, but it happens across basically every map, even when your location is listed in the upper left of the HUD.