Help with flow of map plz :D

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Excabu5

n531355
Jul 30, 2005
Wisconsin
www.exyled.net
Let me start off by saying hello im new to the community and unrealed so dont be to harsh on my for future refernce lol... Anyways back to the topic I am trying to make a chemical/sewage/icky stuff treatment plant (whichever i decide to make it :rolleyes: ) map or something along those lines and usaully at any kind of plant or warehouse they have some type of office where managers or people will go to sit rest and get paper work done etc. What kind of things would I incorporate into the level to make it look like it goes from the treatment center to like an office room or something alog those lines while maintaining a sort of industrial look but keeping the idea of this being an office within a plant. What textures could I use/BSP Editing and Static meshes to make this map look reaistic.... Here is some pics to show you what kind of environment the main plant is....

Sewege/Chemicals or w/e this is at the bottom

This is the bottom level where all the crap is...
wewt19up.jpg

This is the middle level hallways which will lead to the offices and whatnot...
wewt29qv.jpg

This is the top level of the map where old hardware crates and other things will be its pretty much a storage area of the map...
wewt31hy.jpg

So know that how you see the texturing and lighting and whatnot in the map could anyone help me make the transition from plant to office?

_shank

Jul 15, 2005
thats is what lvl design is all about m8, first try to make the entire map on paper...anyways attach the map and i could have a look at it

Excabu5

n531355
Jul 30, 2005
Wisconsin
www.exyled.net
I guess what im trying to get at is what would make the environment realistic looking like if you were to walk from a real plant that treats sewage or w/e into the offices of that plant, what kind of things would you see on your way there, because an industrial setting to an office setting is obviously going to require a change in scenrey so i want to know what would make it look like, "this is what offices in a treatment facility would look, and this is what the hallways would look like to..." here is a link to the map as you can see it is extreme alpha and its only my second map X.x so there is no botpath or anything yet because I like to finish all the environment stuff first.

http://excabus.envy.nu/we2.ut2

_shank

Jul 15, 2005
First move the top most level to the middle, so its gets a flow for bad to good vertically. Now to have nice transition from one level to another. Corridoors/Stairs/Elevators are your friend, use them wisely. Have one leading from each floor to another marked with the names, say one goes from office to storage area, then have a passage at some corner with ligting sligtley dull compared to rest of the floor, have a sign saying Storage Area and a arrow mark and stuff like that, have a the textures also slightly dirty in this area. Place a few of the object...really few near the entrance also.