2 Bad INF Tactics I've seen..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Well, I have listed some of the utterly attrocious tactics I have seen people doing over the several month period I have played Infiltration, I don't know if these people are newbies, but I can garuntee I've seen these things more than once by different people...and they are as follows.

1. Feigning Death
This is a biggy, when people feign death, they don't understand they it is incredibly noticable when you are lying there with no weapons around you. I have seen people trying to be sneaky, but anyone can tell they are simply feigning death.

----> My solution : DROP YOUR WEAPON before feigning death, it looks a lot more like you really died and can save your butt when you need to feign death.

2. Running
On some maps where there are metal grates or floors, I have seen players bounding down them fullspeed, making this very loud CLANG-CLANG-CLANG...
For example, I saw this one guy on a map... its a installation like one, only with a section where there is actual falling snow..(I can't think of the map name) but anyway : This guy was just bounding down the center of the halls making so much of a racket that I must have heard him from a mile back. After blowing him away, I still don't think he learned the error of his ways.

----> My solution : WALK whenever possible, and note what surfaces you are walking on, such as snow, concrete, grass etc... And don't go bumbling around letting the whole world know you are coming.

And just one last note, I am not in any way, shape, or form, preaching that I am the perfect INF player at all. I know I am not perfect, and I'm not trying to insult any vets or really good players. I'm just pointing out what I see a lot in multiplayer INF games.

ChROmE13

Apr 22, 2001
cambridge, ontario CANADA
Visit site
Lame tactics....

Ive also seen some lame counterstrike - riffic grenade nonsense going on as well. Like, at the start of a map, people run to get a good spot or whatever, and people just chuck grenades around like they are goin out of style, just in case an enemy MIGHT come from some doorway, or whatever. Not only is this grenade whoring lame, it really sucks when you blow up your own team mates. I got seriously flamed for "whining" about being tked 5 rounds in a row by these grenade spamming lamers. Apparently, I need to learn situational awareness. Like, im supposed to know that my team mates are throwing grenades around randomly and avoid them or something.

Whatever,

Chrome