Nintendo's big secret: a dual-screened portable

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
It would probably a lot cheaper and more useful if they just doubled the size of the screen, either all of it or just the width.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I'm just gonna repost what I said on the Warp Pipe forums:
Originally Posted by Zaccix
It's amusing how Gamespy, being one of the first to publish the info, went all important on the Dual Screen and put out "editor's comments". No doubt the mainstream gaming press will be falling over themselves to get info on the DS and have to correct umpteen typos made while trying to be the first place on the planet to publish new info; Edge doing dodgy dealings to get a ten-page article, hyping it then calling it crap a year later; IGN trying to review it while still sounding "hip"; Gamespy requiring you to take out a subscription to read the last paragraph. Imagine the carnage when the pictures are released! Watermarks, ahoy!

Sorry, I've always been very critical of the me-first gaming press. :) The DS sounds kinda ingenious, and could be to gaming what the SNES control pad was to control pads. Gotta wait and see.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
phatcat said:
what the duce?
sure its an intresting concept but I see Virtual Boy written all over this one!
Hmm...I wonder if this new design would come with all the poor clarity and headaches of the original Virtual Boy™.

Or...maybe it'll be some sort of device to allow TWO people to play on the same Game Boy®?

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
A buf exclusive

donky001.gif

donky003.gif