UT2003 Troopers Cancelled

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Some sad news today from one of the more promising UT2003 modifications. The UT2003 Troopers project will not be released under the current name, but will instead be released as 'Troopers: Dawn of Destiny'. Here's what BadKarma, former Trooper Lead Developer had to say:

It is my sad duty to inform you that troopers rise of the rebellion will not be released.

Team members have pretty much stolen the mod from under me. The plan is to change the name and release it, erase me from the modification totally. I fail to see how you can erase someone who conceived the mod concept 3 years ago, pore his heart into it. Fought for it, brought the team together, and has guided it through leadership until its first demo release.

I am sure that there will be a lot of posts over the next few days about who did what and why, and as I did not agree to sign over the mod and all my maps to members of the team, I will be in for some public harassment as they stated in their transfer document.

Read More

Update: A press release has been released by another member of the Troopers team, and can be found here.

The second reason it's taken so long to post an update has been the unfortunate leave BadKarma has taken from the team. The Project Lead of Troopers: Rise of the Rebellion since its inception, BadKarma has moved on from Troopers, and will be working on a new modification with his time. Many individuals may be afraid for the future of Troopers, so the developers he has left behind are adamant about giving you all a very important message: the Troopers Development Team is stronger than it has ever been. Working day and night to release this mod, no details have been spared the final release of the Demo. Everything we said we were going to release, we ARE going to release, and that's just the demo.

Gen. Disarray

What's going on over here?
Jul 11, 2003
www.jerzy-dvl.com
waaaaa

A lot of people are posting on the Troopers forum and crying that they should get an explenation. WHY?!?!?! It's none of our business, we are fans but they owe us nothing, no explenation, nothing. It's a FREE mod people!

beta_aquilae

?meh see to glad you orange
Jul 9, 2003
my god 3 years.. that not right.. The ppl that did this should be run out of the ut2k3 and ut community, with them covered in feathers and tar.
We should ban them from servers. And have there names never spoken again.

When they wanna release a mod, we just give them the finger. No one deserves that kinda of robbery and disrespect.

Sorry this happened to you badkarma, I stand with you man.

Last edited:

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
its a shame really, BK's one of the most respected unreal community members, to get kicked out in this situation.
In any case i'm definatly NOT going to download troopers, they lost every bit of support from me.

I'm also baffled by the way those guys handled the situation PR wise, they hit rockbottom imo, wonder how they are going to get out of this one.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Something just doesn't add up here.

If 11 people feel so strongly that BK is a bad leader, and that his behaviour is unconstructive, maybe they have a point.

I've witnessed the follwing behaviour regarding his non-troopers work from him on public forums/his website before:

" emotional outbursts resultant in discomfort and production slowdown amongst the team members; defensive attitude and inability to receive active and progressive criticism from [team members]."

Before y'all go getting rowdy, you might want to peek over the other side of the fence, and listen to what the other guys have to say.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
they started censoring the new forums :rolleyes:
Djeez, nice way to get the public to read your story, not

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
hal said:
Entries aren't allowed to contain copyrighted material. It'd be kinda hard to strip all of that out of this mod. ;)

Not even if they are allowed from the legal owners of the copyrighted material?
From what I read in the 'drama-thread', they are entering this mod to MSU.

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
If they enter (which I don't think they should bother doing, simply because the mod isn't original) and they win... they simply don't get any prizes or the engine. Seems pointless to me, and after reading all those threads it seems the boys couldn't take BK's lets wait a few more days/weeks before releasing the demo. Greedy indeed, and you've gotta laugh at that crappy legel-smegal they sent him... that's blackmail boys, get a grip.