Warhammer 40,000 mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

trozza

Commander
Oct 1, 2001
Aussie Aussie Aussie
www.geocities.com
lol khain...

what sort of team.. very small... i still need way more ppl... so far it is alot of offers.. not to many definates....

i got i rookie modler so far...lol...thats all...

i still need more... plus then there is trying to find a prgramer

DrWinky

i didnt do evil school to be called Mr
Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
From this thread, there seems to be no firm ideas about the content of the game. This leads me to believe that it needs a lot more work on the idea, before work starts on the mod.

DrWinky

PS feel free to email me on any ideas or things like that, i always like a good story, and i have written a few in my time too :)

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
you people with mags have u got the episodes with adaptus titanicus 1 in it along wilt any pics/info on the early epics cus i have an elda army from all generations of the game and i nead early info.

MY craft world is AL-THAN the name is copyright

trozza

Commander
Oct 1, 2001
Aussie Aussie Aussie
www.geocities.com
why is it that everyone gets on my back about a website when i am still looking for people...lol...

I have 1 modeler so far and the rest is offers as i said b4..lol

if you are that desperate.. i will go to geocities right now and start on a site...lol
ok?

I am just amazed at how many people prefer to stand back and critisize instead of lend a hand... oh well... the more for me to do... alright you all win.. i am going to create the site now and get a private forum...

DrWinky

Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
heh, cool.

The things i see people write about mods are quite funny, cause they often say what they want to do, but have no real thoughts on how to do it.

I like trying to help with things like that. How things can be done. But, sadly, most of my ideas are crazy, unintelligable, or wrong.

Still, life goes on.

DrWinky

Lukano

Aug 23, 2001
I'd love to be of help (as any Games Workshop mod is cool in my books!) but I'm too damned busy on my own mod.

But that said and done, this seems like a good thread to promote our mod in. Kagehashiru : Out Of The Shadows... Shadowrun based mod for UT (but of course). We're aiming for DM and TDM right now, but have intentions of making a community RPG eventually. Check us out over at http://kage.unrealism.com

(Sorry, but I can't resist the chance to advertise... can always use more talent!) :)

Btw, good luck with your mod. If you need some free advertising space, let me know. Also, if you can find someone to do webdesign, I might be convinced to co-host on our website over at unrealism... (but then I already see that you've got hosting offers)

Lukano

trozza

Commander
Oct 1, 2001
Aussie Aussie Aussie
www.geocities.com
:)
thanks for that mod advertisement... :D

Well ne wayz back to the task at hand...

Seeing as we are getting a lack of help i have decided to learn how to model as well as me mapping... so i will be doing 2 things on this project now...

but all your suport is helping alot... i am amjazed at how much everyone would like to see this job done... but are still a little unsure to if we can do it...

I will prolly finish learning how to model by the end of the week... so i should be getting started soon... it has amazed me all the things i am doing just to get this mod done... a week ago i didn't even know what unrealed was!!! now i am making a map!!!
lol

Once you get started it is hard stopping...so i'd just like to say to everyone thanks for their support so far... you have all been great.. with exeption of some sceptics... who i am now proving wrong... YAY!!!! :D

more help is still needed though... a site will be up soon and a private forum hosted by a popular unreal site to go with it wich will give the game alot of advertisement...

So things are going smoother than what i thought... i still need programers, but not straight away... as we dun need one until the maps and models are at least 1\2 done... oh well... i will be posting a pic of a model in progress and one of my maps in progress real soon.. so keep an eye out for it

DrWinky

Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
Well, after a little bit of effort, and a lot of coffee, ive decided to do something.

Quite what it is, i dont know. But the coffee buzz is makin me all jittery. I think ill get 3DSM of my uncle, and try a little modelling.

IO would like to help out on something at some point, so if you would like a model done, can you send me a pic, and ill have a go (if i dont run out of coffee).

DrWinky

Lukano

Aug 23, 2001
word of advice btw.. if you're taking the job as the project leader of sorts, make sure that you keep your members in line... I've run into issues where some team members tend to wander and daydream, when they should be focusing... that's just the way I run things, but it helps get stuff done, and keeps discipline :)

Lukano

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by trozza
actualy i just use an oversized novelty whip...
STOP SLACKING!! *CRACK!!*

oooppps.... i think i hit him to hard.. doesn't seem to be moving...oh well... ne one wanna take his job???
:)
So umm what sort of maps would a mod like this require?? Outdoors with complex terrain and stuff right? I've never played the game.
/me goes to check out info on WH:40K

trozza

Commander
Oct 1, 2001
Aussie Aussie Aussie
www.geocities.com
:D

:stick:

c;mon ppl... get off your patooties and help with this mod!!!

now now now!!!

ah!!!!!

or else i will start shooting people with my bolter...

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.... CLICK... CLICK... DAMN... OUTTA AMMO AGAIN!!!!

:minigun: :enforcer: :lol:

trozza

Commander
Oct 1, 2001
Aussie Aussie Aussie
www.geocities.com
well shadow... as i said.. in a previous post...

the first set of missions will have the imperial guard in outdoor trench systems.... with bunkers and such... not to mention the odd emplacement or crater... so the guard (the player) will be entrencehed as the evil dark eldar (AI) attack them trying to overrun the trenches...

the second set of maps are based around when the space marines send in scouts to see what the hell is going on... so it will be once again outside... but with more cover and craters (as a war just broke out)..

Third set of maps will be when the space marines send in all their forces and get real pissed... at this time the maps will have ruined bunkers and buildings ect... and also there will be gun emplacements set up by the dark eldar to slow down our unfortunate marines...

fourth set of maps will be based on the assassins... this will be one ofthe coolest parts... you start outdoors with a vindicare assassin sniping at those enemy leaders and destroying munitions and such... then you go into the actual bunkers and gun houses and bases with the violent eversor assassin... and tear apart all resistence..

fith and last set of maps will be set in space... when the terminators board the dark eldar ships (wich are very dark and forbiding) and launching the last assult... in these maps there will be alot of gun defence in coridoors...

also there will be probably 2 or 3 bonus missission... one of wich is in the second lot of maps when you discover a necron pyramid and basicly have to infiltrate the pyramid and destroy its inhabitants...

so there is alot for the player to do in this mod... so it won't get boring to quik... yay!!!

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
You want any multiplayer maps for this mod? Its usually easier to make multiplayer first, as all you need to do multiplayer is a DM map and the basics of the mod :)

Also what style is the play gonna be, UT style (ie people running around shooting without any cover etc), or a slightly more realistic style? (ie, people actually using cover). Just thought you better give the basics of gameplay before people start mapping. It would be annoying if someone made a start on an Infiltration style map with lots of cover and semi-realistic enviroments, only to see that the gameplay is more like Q3A.