Launching external processes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lshink

Jan 22, 2006
Hey all:

I'm working on my research graduate work here at school and I've been looking over various engine pro/cons to get an idea of what we should use to implement our idea.

I've looked a lot through the UnrealScript to see how far the limits of the engine can be stretched without the actual source code. There something very simple we would like to accomplish with the Unreal engine (if its possible) and since most of here seem to have a lot of experience with it, I figured I'd ask to see if anyone knows.

Anyways, is there any possible way to execute external code through Unreal script to possible launch another process or thread of execution in parallel with Unreal?

For example, can I make it so if I shoot something, it'll launch an internet browser?

Appreciate any help on this. :)

neai

^^
Jan 6, 2006
Directly, no, I don't think so. Unrealscript can communicate with other applications via TCP or UDP though. You could write some simple native app that listens for commands and does whatever you want.

Last edited: