Problem with creating custom voice pack for UT.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BackBite

Mar 24, 2000
Visit site
I'm trying to create a custom voice pack for UT.

I've been working from Painful Detail's voice pack tutorial (damn thorough, BTW) and have hit a snag pretty early in the process.

Here's my problem: Whenever I go to import a WAV file into UnrealEd, it's garbled whenever I play it through UnrealED and when the voice plays in the game (I went ahead finished building the voice pack, hoping the problem wouldn't appear in actual gameplay).

I'm importing the WAVs from a directory right off the root ("C:\Temp"), as I've heard directory structures with spaces can cause problems importing.

I've had no other problems with creating the voice pack.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

-BB

------------------
BackBite
back_bite@hotmail.com

BackBite

Mar 24, 2000
Visit site
Figured it out.

I was using Win95's Sound Recorder to lower the sampling rate of the WAV files. Even though they played find under normal circumstances, UnrealEd didn't like what Sound Recorder did to them.

I switched to another prog to lower the sample rate and all is well.

-BB