DrawCrosshair bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[RP]Capone

Jul 23, 2004
Ive been having a problem lately with getting my hud to display crosshairs. I decided to try using a HUDCTeamDeathMatch and it gives this log:
Error: HudCTeamDeathMatch GR-Green-Valley.HudCTeamDeathMatch (Function XInterface.HudCDeathmatch.DrawCrosshair:01F5) Accessed array 'Crosshairs' out of bounds (0/0)
If I use a custom HUD extending from HUDBase with all the functions necessary to draw the crosshair it wont display a crosshair but at least it wont get that error. I verified it is calling my function by a log. Im using the mod structure too btw... Ive looked at everything I could think of and I cant seem to figure it out. I can get my HUD and everything to work on my other mod but not this one. Has anyone had any similar issues or know what could cause this?

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
It's best not to make a double post in a coding forum AND the UT2k4 mailing list at the same time, post here first and if you don't get an answer within a couple days THEN put it on the mailing list.

The problem you having there should be solved by changed all references of Crosshairs to Class'HUDCDeathMatch'.default.Crosshairs and it will use the crosshairs normally used in the DM HUD. (thus the HUD menu for Crosshairs will still work in your mod)

[RP]Capone

Jul 23, 2004
Thx, that solved the problem. I put it on the mailing list so epic might see it and fix the bug btw.