Nali City Reviews

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
ArcadiaVincennes is on a reviewing spree as of late, and he's got his two latest vict- er, reviews for you to see on Nali City:

DM-TronArena (5.0/10), UT99
To put it all together this is a Tron map that kind of missed the target. The visual aspect looks like Tron but it lacks polish. The gameplay is lackluster and could use more work. In general – just an average map with a somewhat new theme that could have been more.
DM-Gael99 (5.5/10), UT99
Despite having the same general layout the gameplay is fairly different from the spamfest of the original. However, the difference is not necessarily good. I think it will depend largely on players’ individual gamestyles. I believe, like the original, players will find this a love it or hate map. Some deficiencies in textures and lighting drag the score down a bit and the gameplay just seems odd overall. I say download it to play the infamous Gael in UT99 but you probably won’t be playing for long.

There you have it two fresh kills on ArcadiaVincennes' spree. As always, you can click the links above to go directly to the maps.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Can't you guys at least use UT instead of UT99 :-/
It just sounds so .... lame.
;O)

I wonder if it really is that confusing? It can't be, right?

Last edited:

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
NeoNite said:
Can't you guys at least use UT instead of UT99 :-/
It just sounds so .... lame.
;O)

I wonder if it really is that confusing? It can't be, right?

Heh, I think it's dumb to say UT99 as well. If I was talking about Unreal Tournament 2003 or 2004 I'd say UT2003 or UT2k4 etc.

U = Unreal
U:RTNP = Unreal: Return To Na Pali
UT = Unreal Tournament
UT2003 (2k3) = Unreal Tournament 2003
UT2004 (2k4) = Unreal Tournament 2004
UC = Unreal Championship
UC2 = Unreal Championship 2
U2 = Unreal 2

Ok, probably didn't need to list that out, but I was bored. :)

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
I agree, Unreal Tournament (circa 1999) will always be UT to me. But there are those who know not of it and I like to restrict confusion to those individuals upon whom who truely deserve it.