Ph(f)at Cat

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Okay okay okay...it's just an excuse to mess around with the digital camera which I'm just starting using, but here are two crappy pictures of my Phat Cat (about 20lbs with a stomach that almost hits the ground):

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
If you really like your cat, you should put it in regime. It will be doomed to have heavy renal problems otherwise.

Make it progressively, cut the ration a little bit each day and try to give it some regime/diet food. Ask advise to your vet.

To let a cat or dog eating to this point can be considered as a mistreatment to animals...

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Here's mine...

Kitty.jpg

Room04.jpg

-Keiichi

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
i agree.. nice cat, but fat animals make me sad. if you can't let it run around outside (what mine does), feed it very little or talk to a vet on what to give it.. otherwise it'll end up like one of my friends: slugs will attach to it's stomach if it walks around in the wet grass.:eek:

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Mad_Dog-- actually he's the healthiest he's ever been in his life. We brought him in for a checkup and the vet said that yes, he is very fat, but he's actually the healthiest they had ever seen him.

He was a hit and run so when we brought our other cat in to be put to sleep (tumor :(), they brought this one out to pet and we actually adopted it. He was actually kept there a week or so longer than they were supposed to because they really liked him and wanted to find a home for him.

It's eye was rolled back into it's head (although it usually kept it's eye shut), and they were afraid we might have to take it in at some point to get it removed if it got infected or something.

But instead, it rolled forwards and they said there even was a little vision out of it.

Well my mom decided to name him Cyclops when we first got him :rolleyes:

Now we just call him Cy (pronounced sigh).

He was pretty fat when we got him, but he's quite a bit plumper now.

He actually doesn't just sit around all day, he does walk and run around a lot. He doesn't have troubles jumping either which we were really surprised about :)

(PS: a lot of that is just fur)

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Your cat will be in good health until he remains young. Expect problems when it'll reach around 8 years old. The fur doesn't explain everything.

One thing: NEVER GIVE RESTS OF YOUR DINNER TO YOUR CAT!

The cooked meat we eat is not suited for them.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Actually, it's my mom who feeds him :p

I don't feed him any food usually, but my mom always throws enough to feed a small child in china to him...well not that much ;) Just a few pieces of meat for example.

We have been cutting back on his food a little but the vet said as long as he doesn't get any fatter he should be fine speaking he's actually very healthy. Now he didn't say that his being fat is good necessarily, but the vet said as long as the cat is healthy it's fine for now...or something like that. I wasn't really listening, that's my mom's job :p

All I know is he's a lively loving cat and that works for me :)

(PS: I'll take a picture later of him with his fur down to show you how fat he really is...I took that picture with it fluffed up to make him look as phat as possible :))

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Sure, some types of meat are bad for it. But you do have to think-- and I may be wrong-- but if cats can't live on anything but cat food (which I might add often contains those types of meat), why aren't all wild cats dead?

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Since when do wild cats eat roasted or cooked meat ?

Furthermore, in wild, their food is more balanced. They also eat the guts (wich comes vith vegetables of his prey) and all the rest. The only problems for wild cats are vermin contamination.

Normal cat food is not really the best thing for them, unless you use special food but that's more expensive. To let your cat hunt is still the best thing to do, along with some supplement (vitamines crockets, etc) and anti-vermin vaccination.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Not really cat related, but this is what we feed our 2 dogs... just go into your local store that sells meat and ask for scraps - beef, chicken, whatever, our pair of walking natural disasters likes that far better than "naturally balanced dog food".

jenny-and-jumpy1.jpg

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by LifesBane[4C]
Mad_Dog-- actually he's the healthiest he's ever been in his life. We brought him in for a checkup and the vet said that yes, he is very fat, but he's actually the healthiest they had ever seen him.

He was a hit and run so when we brought our other cat in to be put to sleep (tumor :(), they brought this one out to pet and we actually adopted it. He was actually kept there a week or so longer than they were supposed to because they really liked him and wanted to find a home for him.

stray cats make the best pets... my grandma always ends up having these cats adopt her, but she's older and doesn't like looking after them, so she gives them to us...:)

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
WellÉ

Ahhhh, no, never starve or even reduce a phat cat's :D food intake. (No offense to anyone who suggested it) Even though it sounds logical, don't put your cat on a diet that would entail feeding it less. Unlike most mammals, even those we would consider canivoris, i.e Dogs, Bears, Wolves; cats live nearly exclusivly on meat. As such their liver functions are very different from other mammals. Disrupting the amount of food you give an obese cat can send them into liver failure, and it can easily be fatal. Instead, it is more recommended you get you cat to exercise and feed it low fat cat food. Most importantly stop feeding it table scraps. But never strave or disrupt an obese cats food intake. Again get it to excersize and eat low fat cat food.

Last edited:

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
WellÉ

Just an interesting side note about humanity and Phat. In August 2001, for the first time in the history of the world, the number of obesse people outnumbered the starving, something for people to think about.

And on another side note here's my cat: :)