End game action freeze... un-frozen

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LooseCannon

... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!
Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
An idea that came to me from Daedalus0055's thread.

Currently, at the end at every game, the screen shows the winner / ultimate fragger / dead core. You can only rotate around a given point.

To avoid that forced lull in the action and fun, why not un-freeze the game after say 5 seconds? That should be long enough to get screen shots.

In the period before the next game, lock weapons and vehicle damage. So if you've voted for the next map, been to the toilet (or rest room if you need a rest) and refilled your coffee/beer/hot-choc, you can have a bit of social fun. Also give the option to stand aside in game and not take part in the intra-match fooling or praccy, but staying connected to the server, a bit like spectating.

I don't see any reason to freeze the action as it currently is. Is there?

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
Thats one great idea!!! Along with this new level loading tech i cant remember the name it would be awsome.

LooseCannon said:
In the period before the next game, lock weapons and vehicle damage. So if you've voted for the next map, been to the toilet (or rest room if you need a rest) and refilled your coffee/beer/hot-choc, you can have a bit of social fun. Also give the option to stand aside in game and not take part in the intra-match fooling or praccy, but staying connected to the server, a bit like spectating.

i assume u mean like a warmup mode without the damage with whatever gametype ur playing? so just in a map u can shoot and hit someone but no damage is done? it sounds alright, but is there a real point, while it may be new and interesting for a while, i personally think it will end up being boring and annoying..sure if the game is just a get together of mates, but most players will just want to choose a different map/gametype and the game starts on new maps in warmup for most servers with utcomp, while mucking around is good, thats what warmup is for and is usually on for servers, which is basically the same, no score, etc, but u can kill someone..

while servers without ut comp, this may be good, is it really useful?

loosecannon, if u can, can u explain what u suggest a bit clearer plz, my brain doesnt function effectively enough..

LooseCannon said:
I don't see any reason to freeze the action as it currently is. Is there?

i agree with that, its good to keep it going, but depends on the time it takes to load a level as to its worth it or not..

cheers

Last edited:

LooseCannon

Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
The main reason for unfreezing the freezing is because the current freezing achieves only one thing afaik and that's allowing group sreenies for the victors. That's good. It help record match results. But it doesn't take very long.

Doing something before the next map is selected and starts to load should be an improvement. Surely? Weather you'd like to mess about, practice movements or have a Manta race...

If you get bored with messing about in this between game zone, then you either just stand there (in game and in RL if you like ;) ) or go to a quasi-spec slot.

Typing 'gg' then bouncing on someones head (in game of course) sounds funny to me... for a while.

A between game zone could run many, many options with weapons, gravity, races. Just entertainment and socializing outside and beyond the games.

It is completely frivalous. :)

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
Instead of this frozen action as it is today, I would really like to see some replays of the best multi-, mega-, ultra-...-kills since they are not announced to the others while you play... so this way you could keep on chatting for one minute (or take a toilet break ;) if you re fast enough) while you wait for the next map.

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
such a great ideas(replay thing). Like DeathBall goals replays. <-- that owned

_Zd_3s_

Regristered User
EL BOURIKO said:
Instead of this frozen action as it is today, I would really like to see some replays of the best multi-, mega-, ultra-...-kills since they are not announced to the others while you play... so this way you could keep on chatting for one minute (or take a toilet break ;) if you re fast enough) while you wait for the next map.
That is one great idea! :eek: :tup: Should be easy to implement as well. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I wonder how it works, completely freezing everything.

I'd love to know how it works in UT! Unreal tournament, that is. UT. UT. ;O)

Yes, there's the playersonly option but it's not quite the same.

LooseCannon

Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
EL BOURIKO said:
Nice one. :tup: